1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.8.6 (1.6 ONLY - NOT 1.8)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.5.3

Post by doofus-01 »

pinguinsteve,

I should probably re-write that Escape scenario. It worked in 1.4, but I think it could be better. Just looking at the .cfg file, I'm not sure why Carghanna isn't present.

I have a favor to ask. It will be a while before I can get to that scenario myself, so would you be able to send me a start-of-scenario save-game file for scenario "Death Knell"? You can PM it to me if you don't want to make it public.

Thanks.

(Anyone else reading this who has made it that far could also send me that save-file. It'll help get that scenario fixed.)

EDIT: Got it. Thanks.

EDIT2: I had a chance to load "Death Knell" and see it was malfunctioning, again because of some 1.4 WML remnants. Once that scenario is fixed, it looks like Carghanna is present in the Escape scenario. This is the repaired file, replaces the one in Bad_Moon_Rising/scenarios3.

----file removed because uploaded campaign version was fixed-----------

This will all be taken care of in the next version, probably out Saturday or Sunday.
Last edited by doofus-01 on February 15th, 2009, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.5.3

Post by doofus-01 »

0.5.4 went to the server. Among other things, it contains fixes for the issues pointed out above.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.5.4

Post by doofus-01 »

0.5.5 went to the server, there were some things I wish I'd caught before uploading 0.5.4.

There were some bugs in scenarios "Royal Rumble" and "The Pit", one of which could be a show stopper. "The Pit" still doesn't work as I wish it to (and thought it did in 1.4), but at least it's playable.
Theron

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.5.5

Post by Theron »

There is a graphical glitch (or an engine bug?) in the campaign chooser (Wesnoth 1.5.10 / Mac OS X 10.5.6).

Your _main.cfg says "[...] There are ~12 scenarios playable [...]" but apparently the "~" makes the next line bold and this results in a text overflow (see attachment).
Attachments
text_overflow.jpg
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Huh, it doesn't do that in 1.5.9. I'll get rid of that tilda next time. Thanks, Theron.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.5.6 went to the server. Most important changes were some work on scenarios 'The Pit' from part 2 and 'Escape the Legion' from part
EDIT: Missed a couple of things, so I had to upload a 0.5.6.1
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.5.7

Post by doofus-01 »

0.5.7 went to the server. Most noticeable changes are in the last scenarios of part 2.

Scenario "Ruin" does have a bug in that if you level up one of the civilians, and then get him/her killed, you won't be able to finish the scenario. I'll fix that as soon as I can.
----------
And it is fixed in 0.5.7.1. Civilians cannot level up anymore.
domichan

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.5.7.1

Post by domichan »

Got to Salvation and fairly easily get to the monolith with Queen jumpsuit girl cooked. Reanna still around. Whatshername (starts with C :~)) appears, opens up the route to the North and we head up there. Very annoying vampirish girl flies up from the South, stops up in the North and i'm then defeated. Checked the objective which HAD said get to the monolith but NOW says move Reanna to the orb in the north ... didn't have any gameplay to do it so i'm assuming it's a bug and not my general incompetence.

I'm playing at baby label.

On a more positive note ... great scenario! the 700 plus hit point people are slightly annoying "leave no-one behind ... alive" is my motto but the gameplay is generally very good and i'm enjoying the plot. Well done!!
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.5.7.1

Post by doofus-01 »

domichan - Sounds like a bug. The objectives do change several times in that scenario, but it's not supposed to make you lose automatically. I'm sure that scenario is a total mess. In fact, I'm somewhat surprised you were able to reach that scenario at all. Thanks for letting me know.

--------
I've finished revising Part 2 and have started to tackle Part 3. To celebrate, I've sent 0.6.0 to the server. Biggest changes are:
- added old-style portraits for the unit help screens.
- Fixed the last scenario of Part 2. It isn't well balanced, but I don't think it will throw errors anymore.
domichan

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.6.0

Post by domichan »

Amazing what you can achieve with a weeks holiday when it never stops raining http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/posting.ph ... =8&t=23397#
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I rushed 0.6.0 out the door a little too quickly, so there's yet another patch version. 0.6.0.1 just went to the server, it fixes a show-stopper in the first scenario of Part 3 as well as some strange behaviour in the subsequent world/skirmish scenarios.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.6.1 went to the server. Part 3 should now work up to and including the scenario "Mount Tien" There are only a few more to go.

There is a new terrain called "tundra." It causes some error messages, but I don't think it really breaks anything. Its graphics are just temporary and it isn't used in any real maps yet, but I hope to fix that soon.

EDIT: The AI seems to have gotten a little bit smarter (1.5.14), some of these scenarios are much more difficult than I intended. I'm going to change some of the maps a bit as a result.
Theron

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.6.1

Post by Theron »

Bad Moon Rising 0.6.1/Wesnoth 1.6a/Mac OS X 10.5.6

I wasn't able to reproduce (by loading Ukiah-Auto-Save1.gz) but there may be a bug (see attachments).

After playing "part2:Rescue" and viewing my recall list in "Ukiah" I encountered a problem (console log output after i was forced to abort(?) my game):

24.03.09 19:49:28 [0x0-0x31c31c].org.wesnoth.Wesnoth[9051] 20090324 19:49:28 error general: The game could not be loaded: load_game_failed: Attempt to de-serialize a unit with no 'type' field (probably empty)
Attachments
Ukiah_replay.gz
(15.46 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Ukiah.gz
(7.72 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Ukiah-Auto-Save1.gz
(33.06 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, Theron. I knew that part needed fixing, but I didn't know it could cause the game to abort. I'll get it updated this weekend.
EDIT: Or next weekend. :augh:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.6.2 just went to the server. Biggest change is two more scenarios for Part 3. There are one or two more main scenarios left to go. "World Map" stuff still needs work...

One of the new scenarios is kind of like the UtBS dehydration scenario. It will probably take multiple attempts to get that anywhere near balanced, but at least it is winnable. The wind animation causes CPU usage to go up to 50%, so I need to figure out something better for next time. If you want to disable that, comment out or remove line 12 of file
<campaigns>/Bad_Moon_Rising/scenarios3/02_05_Blind.cfg

Code: Select all

[/music]
{BMR_STORM}   <---------------- remove this

[story]