1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.8.6 (1.6 ONLY - NOT 1.8)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.5.1

Post by Turuk »

Lightfighter, do not post the same question twice in two threads. One is for the 1.4 version of this campaign, one is for the 1.5 version of this game.

Your other post will be deleted.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

LightFighter,

That strikes me as an odd question. Raenna is in the village southwest of the starting village, before you head into the woods for scenario "Camp". I've never tried the Pit scenario without her, but I don't remember making her presence a key condition and don't see anything that would cause it to be so.

You'll need to be more specific.

EDIT: As long as I'm posting, I'll note that I've got a fairly big update for this almost ready. Should be out sometime Monday or Tuesday. Part I really needed some work.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

doofus-01 wrote:LightFighter,

That strikes me as an odd question. Raenna is in the village southwest of the starting village, before you head into the woods for scenario "Camp". I've never tried the Pit scenario without her, but I don't remember making her presence a key condition and don't see anything that would cause it to be so.

You'll need to be more specific.

EDIT: As long as I'm posting, I'll note that I've got a fairly big update for this almost ready. Should be out sometime Monday or Tuesday. Part I really needed some work.
I brought Belleros and Lorenzon to every hex in the pit but it doesn't finishes. What do you need to do to finish the pit?
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

Got an issue with the third episode.

When trying to fetch money to pay the orcs faction, I got Unknown scenario: 'Woods9'

trying to reload the save lead to

20090202 00:04:00 error general: Warning: The file you have tried to load is corrupt. Loading anyway.
Unexpected characters at line start, value '=' at <unknown>:14
Unexpected characters at line start, value '=' at <unknown>:8450

And going again in the same area got me again there

20090202 00:04:17 error general: Unknown scenario: 'Woods9'
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Lightfighter - Killing Scarrion should finish it. Could you post a save game?

lu_zero - There is a typo in the file 2_03_World.cfg, line 144. Change the "9" to "2".

Code: Select all

[/then]
        [/if]
        [/event]

{MAP_INIT Lorenzon Cavalry}
        {OFFROAD Lorenzon Cavalry 9}   <--------------change that "9" to a "2"

[event]
        name=moveto
            [filter]
That will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for the report.

EDIT: Also, if you are trying to raise money, head over to x,y=60,48. There is some starting dialogue that hints at this, but I think it is not getting displayed. I still need to figure out why.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

doofus-01 wrote:Lightfighter - Killing Scarrion should finish it. Could you post a save game?
And when do you see scarrion? Or where?
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

He should be hanging out with the enemy leader named Vazzan.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

The "An opportunity" scenario is quite hard since the idiotic loyal leader goes messing with wolves like in 2 rounds...
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.5.2 went to the server. It should work with 1.5.9. Some scenarios were re-written, some graphics were updated. Old saves should still work, but I wasn't able to test that so thoroughly.
pinguinsteve

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.5.2

Post by pinguinsteve »

hi there i have a question to ask. I'm at the end of part II and just finished "Royal Rumble" and killed Hurric it's not that hard if you play defensivly and are patient. Thing is, i left central ukiah and have to go to the abandoned copper mine i make my move and the scenario "haunted" triggers. Which is no bad thing in general, but after i finish it i am at a total different spot on the map. no big deal i thought but now i move again and the very same scenario triggers again. Is that intended??

Regards
Steve
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Steve,

That is not supposed to happen. Thanks for the report.

I'll upload an update tomorrow, but in the mean time you can open the file 1_09_World.cfg (in the "scenarios2" folder) and remove the [endlevel] stuff at line 148

name=wail-long.wav
                [/sound]
                [endlevel]                              <----------------- Get
                next_scenario=1_09_Astreya          <------------------ rid 
                result=continue_no_save                <------------------- of
                [/endlevel]                             <------------------ these
            [/then]
EDIT: And by tomorrow, I seem to have meant Monday or Tuesday
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.5.3 just went to the server. I removed the scenario "Haunted" and have started to include the phantoms in the skirmishes instead. Saves from 0.5.2 should still work (aside from Haunted).
pinguinsteve

Re: 1.5/1.6 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.5.3

Post by pinguinsteve »

Hi there, its me again.

Kept on playing and i am now at part three "Escaping the Legion". I failed miserably at my first try but thats not the point. First thing is, that the units which are there from the beginning all look like the Ukian Commander, seems to be just the image. And there is no mission failed, then all my units are killed, its a bit funny watching the AI fighting each other without me.

Well, thats it so far from me, Regards
Steve
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Steve - That's quite a bug. It appears there is still some BfW 1.4 code in there. First thing to try:
File 2_04_Escape.cfg line 224

message = _ "We cannot wait any longer, we need to go! I'm taking command!"
        [/message]
# add this line
        {TRANSFORM_UNIT (id=C_Belleros) "Ukian Commander"}  
#  get rid of this line
#       {MODIFY_UNIT (description=C_Belleros) type (Ukian Commander)} 
#  change (description=C_Belleros) to (id=C_Belleros)
        {MODIFY_UNIT (id=C_Belleros) profile ("portraits/c_belleros.png")}
        [message]
                speaker=C_Belleros

Hopefully that does the trick. The only other thing I can think of is something about how the leader was killed in the previous scenario and that will be harder to pin down.

As for the no defeat, I don't know how I missed that. It'll be fixed for next time.

Thanks.
pinguinsteve

Post by pinguinsteve »

and here again,

i tried a second time "escaping the legion" and it didn't turn out too bad. One thing i noticed now, that i should have carghanna with me, because some dialog is definitely missing. She is not there from the start and i can't recall her. second thing, i actually managed to get belleros to the end of the tunnel. sacrificed a lot of units for that, but if you have the money its not that hard. Don't know if you want to do something with that piece of information.

Regards
Steve