A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lastjuan

Re: A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working)

Post by lastjuan »

If you really want to know at first I gave the enemies even more gold, then then i figured it was impossible :lol2: so I took off some gold.
That's good to know I suppose :? :shock: ...

What pot of gold? :shock: :shock:
What difficuly setting are you on by the way?
Medium Difficulty; I'm not that great of player... :wink: :wink:

I was using the 0.8 version but I just installed the 0.1.4. I will try to replay the scenari from the strat later.
LemonTea

Post by LemonTea »

Tomorrow I'll make another update. I want to edit the AI in this scenario (as well as some later scenarios), and also slightly change the map in Emerging from the Darkness (so you save a few turns getting to ur keep). Though you'll need to reload from the previous scenario to see its effects.

I'm off to bed now, any more feedback in the meantime is very welcome :wink:
JW's Wesnoth personality quiz wrote:You are a Skeleton: a lifeless animation of bone controlled by a necromancer. See a therapist.
:augh:
LemonTea

Post by LemonTea »

Another update. Enemy gold and income reduced in scenario 6. AI behaviour edited in scenarios 6 ~ 10. Elvish Initiate HP slightly reduced.

EDIT: And also, added the id= tag into _main.cfg so that in save files it actually displays the campaign name rather than just an empty set of brackets.

I think enough progress have been made since v0.1 to call this version 0.2.0
JW's Wesnoth personality quiz wrote:You are a Skeleton: a lifeless animation of bone controlled by a necromancer. See a therapist.
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

I had installed the 0.2.0 version, going back to Narrow Encounter, but the map of Emerging Into the Darkness seems the same map. Maybe, there is something on the cache :hmm: . Please, don't tell me that I have to replay New Mutiny again. It was a bit of struggle :oops: :oops: . BTW, there is some hints of something awful with the dwarves but I didn't see any indication on EITD. There is some explanation later or not?
ulfgur

Post by ulfgur »

Just so you know, if it works on my computer i will test it.

ulfgur.
ulfgur

Post by ulfgur »

MMM... problem. I'l see if I can download it from the add-on page rather than the zip.

ulfgur

---------------------

works!! :D
LemonTea

Post by LemonTea »

lastjuan wrote:I had installed the 0.2.0 version, going back to Narrow Encounter, but the map of Emerging Into the Darkness seems the same map. Maybe, there is something on the cache :hmm: . Please, don't tell me that I have to replay New Mutiny again. It was a bit of struggle :oops: :oops: . BTW, there is some hints of something awful with the dwarves but I didn't see any indication on EITD. There is some explanation later or not?
Hmm... if you went through narrow encounter again then Emerging from the Depths should have refreshed. The actual changes to the map are very small (just changed the terrain around the starting area so you walk over dirt and road rather than cave, so you get the keep a bit earlier). The main thing changed in that is the AI behaviour and gold.

HINT: Don't go after the first enemy leader in emerging from the depths. It's not in your way and it's in a lot of cave terrain, which take a LOT of turn just to get to with elves. I suppose you hit him with pure trolls, but it doesn't give any bonuses so I don't really think it's worth it :wink:

If you're talking about the 'dwarves who eat poisonous mushrooms' and the 'crazed laughter' hints in New Mutiny, at those turns the AI spawns ulfserkers/berserkers (New Mutiny is the only scenario where you meet those). Only a few though, since they're very dangerous in packs. But you might not have noticed it with the old v0.0.8 AI, where they would rather grab empty villages than attack you >.< It's been fixed since v0.1.3 I think.
ulfgur wrote: MMM... problem. I'l see if I can download it from the add-on page rather than the zip.

ulfgur

---------------------

works!!
Yeah, the zip I posted is now ridiculously out-of-date and needs a renaming to actually work. So you should have got it off the add-on server :wink:
LemonTea

Post by LemonTea »

Version 0.3.0 on add-on server.

Two new units! The naga mage (lvl 1) --> naga warlock (lvl 2). This is just so that in scenarios with naga opponents, it won't just be a fighter/warrior spam. But there are only two scenarios where there will definitely be naga enemies so that's all it will really affect :wink:

AI behaviour parameters modified in scenarios 11 to 13. Map slightly changed in scenarios 4 and 11.
LemonTea

Post by LemonTea »

v0.3.1 - quick fix to scenarios 5 and 6 where one of your units spawn on cave wall (never a major problem anyway). Doesn't affect gameplay that much, just minor polish.
ulfgur

Post by ulfgur »

All right, I have test-run the first scenario, and am working on the second. The first is fine, but the second is slightly unbalanced. (as is expected, thats what needed testing.)

a. Less level two guys near the keep. If you kill the orc leader quickly thats fine, but it leaves you wiped out for the assasins and waves of wolf riders that appear the next turn.

Also, make the keep closer to your beginning encampment, because if you send out scouts to capture villages, the action starts too quickly for your experienced units and heavy-hitters to get there.

ulfgur.

ps: I really like how the storyline builds upon itself, but there is not too much that overwhelms you. It has perfect balance.
LemonTea

Post by LemonTea »

Hmm... I took a look at scenario 2. The keep was already quite close to the starting camp and the trigger for the 'elves in trouble' can be tripped on turn 2. If I moved it closer the trigger could be tripped on turn 1, which would cause a bigger problem :hmm:

I did changed the orc spawns a bit, and changed the enemy AI. I modificed the map so that a few of the hills tiles are now forest tiles so your leader can make a faster dash for Diludyren's keep and start pumping recruits from there (a castle keep with 4 attached castle tiles). I also changed the enemy AI, which should hopefully be better suited.

While I was at it I gave the third scenario more turns (which means more gold for scen 4 :wink:) and turned down the difficulty of scenario 4, cos I think early scenarios shouldn't be that difficult.

Version 0.3.4 now on addon server.

EDIT: Also, more turns added to scenario 6. Re-released as v0.3.5
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

EDIT: Also, more turns added to scenario 6. Re-released as v0.3.5
At last, I had finished the Emerging from the Depths scenario. What a relief! :D :D Now, seriously. it was quite a challenge for my skills (in fact I finished it in 58 turns, at least I had eliminated the blue player).

The next scenario (On the Marshes) it's not a big challenge because:

-You had a big amount of gold.
-The Trolls (and to a less extent the elfs) are good against undead.

I had started Disobedience, so I'll let you know my thoughts later.
LemonTea

Post by LemonTea »

Version 0.3.7 published. I slightly changed enemy recruits in scenario 9 and raised enemy gold in scenario 10 (because you get quite a bit of gold there too :wink:).

Hmm... I do think scen. 8 Disobedience has too many turns (I finished in turn 24/40 after eliminating all the enemies), which gave me more gold than I needed in scen 9. I'll change that in the next version I think. I'll see if I can make scen 7 a bit more difficult as well, though still relatively easy.

By the way, thanks for feedback, much appreciated. :wink:

EDIT: 0.3.7 re-released, added too much enemy gold to scenario 10 :augh: . Reduced now.
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

Hmm... I do think scen. 8 Disobedience has too many turns (I finished in turn 24/40 after eliminating all the enemies), which gave me more gold than I needed in scen 9. I'll change that in the next version I think. I'll see if I can make scen 7 a bit more difficult as well, though still relatively easy.
Yeah, at first I thought that it was going to be pretty tough, but as they were coming in waves and not coordinated they are esay to defeat. BTW I think that the ambushers on the hills should be level 2 units.

Stranger in a Strange Land made me to lose a couple of high level units, but the addition of some chaotic units, is a fery worthy change. Storywise, it's interesting how ruthless are your elfs (Orcish Shyde would love it, I'm sure).

For the checkmate seems like a really tough scenario. When I read on the goals that there is a bonus available, I start to worry :wink: :wink: . I suppose that it's going a bit of struggle... :) :)
LemonTea

Post by LemonTea »

Oh oops :oops: That 'defeat all enemy leaders (bonus)' thing in scenario 10 shouldn't be there. I originally intended it that way when I was first writing that scenario but changed it later, and forgot to edit the objectives. :augh: (the same appears in scen 11, except that one actually does have a bonus, though I think it will be near-impossible to get, don't worry about that one :P)

Right now scen 10 has a lot more turns than needed, but it's just as well considering I expect scenario 11 to be quite a large gold drain, given the nature of that scenario :wink:

I haven't yet tried balancing scenarios 11 to 14, so expect it to be very unbalanced. I was busy last few days, though I will hopefully have a lot more spare time after Monday.
Last edited by LemonTea on January 8th, 2009, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.