Problems on an Orcish Incursion

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreus93

Problems on an Orcish Incursion

Post by Atreus93 »

I can't seem to beat the mission with the trolls in an orcish incursion.
Anyone care to give some tips?
rsw

Re: Problems on an Orcish Incursion

Post by rsw »

im having the same problem. the in-game tip was to use the cave entrances as bottlenecks but they always get two or three trolls out before i can even get my units near there. then im completely overpowered and owned
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Shamans, slow.
You're welcome.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
sen2k7

Post by sen2k7 »

I guess it depends on wat u veteran units u got. i try to play with as few units as possible to conserve gold. i believe i had like 2 or 3 level 2 units block the entrance using the mountains as terrain bonus. I think i had a level 3 unit dont remember wat but it really helped hold a line. u might have to go back and retrain units and dont forget to level ur healers; shamans healing 8hp is a big advantage when trying to ZOC.
sen2k7

Post by sen2k7 »

When you do go in for the kill go in with full force so they cant regenerate. good luck
Inkstain82

Post by Inkstain82 »

Atreus93 wrote:I can't seem to beat the mission with the trolls in an orcish incursion.
Anyone care to give some tips?
I just started playing too, and this one gave me all kinds of fits.

The solution for me was to do a better job of levelling units before I got to that level. You need a good amount of 2s and maybe even a couple 3s to be able to finish the trolls off quickly enough.

The other part of the solution is to have at least two, maybe 3 shamans (or preferably, a couple of their leveled up versions whose name I can't recall). You need to hit any troll close to anything you value with a 'slow', and you *really* have to make sure the troll kings have slow on them every turn.
stupidjaguar

Post by stupidjaguar »

I just finished this scenario, it has the potential to be difficult but for some reason the AI acted strangely, and didn't recruit much.

I won this scenario by defeating a total of 5 or 6 trolls.

The troll that the first leader starts with came out, and so did the leader. I immediately fell upon him with Sorceresses and Druids (slow and arcane damage) The first leader never had a chance to recruit. The second leader threw two trolls at me, and the closest I came to losing a unit was a Sorceress wounded to 10 HP, which was quickly fixed by a few turns of Druid pack movement. I went straight for the second keep, where there were only 2 trolls: the leader and a friend. Both quickly fell to slow and arcane attacks.

I am playing on 1.6.4 - I believe Sorceresses are the key here; three or so and the trolls don't stand a chance.
I am of two minds; I shall be complete when I can bring them into harmony.