War of Chaos Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Madnessbane

Re: War of Chaos Era

Post by Madnessbane »

fixed the bug and uploading now, thanks for the feedback =)
fuzz579

Post by fuzz579 »

Hey I have the same problem as gena (only random sides an cant play the era). What is this caused by? :(
every time my cat meows, something dies.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

no idea. try getting version 1.4.6, going into the userdata/cache folder and deleting it all, then going into userdata/data/campaigns and deleting the war of chaos folder and CFG file. Then download the Era again.

Thats all I can think of, if it still doesn't work try copy the exact error message you get and post it here.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

if your using the 1.5.X branch version then its because I haven't updated that version in a long time, and is probably out of date by now.
fuzz579

Post by fuzz579 »

Hey I tried that and it didnt work :( is the most recent version (of war of chaos) 0.3 beta?
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

yes. What operating system are you using?
fuzz579

Post by fuzz579 »

kubuntu hardy with kde 4.1 and I just checked and I only updated to wesnoth version 1.4.5 somehow does this matter?
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

nope, I'm running it off 1.4.5

I can only assume it has something to do with your operating system. Have you run any previous versions of war of chaos?

Message me with your MSN Messanger account if you have one and I'll try to help.
Sarudak

Post by Sarudak »

Um... I really like your era but you really need to fix the RIPLIB issues. Many units decrease the number of strikes they have when they level up which is not a good idea.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

its on a to do list, I haven't really touched it since I put out the BETA, I've been quite busy. I didn't realize I had done that, so I will take a look at it first thing when I get back to doing stuff.
fuzz579

Post by fuzz579 »

hi sorry I havent been able to get to the computer recently but I just tried it again and I can now load War fo chaos maps (which I couldent get to work before) and I also got the exact terminal error:

20081211 21:38:41 error config: caught config::error: Only random sides in the current era.

also what happens when I try to load the era it only shows random as a faction choice and then when I hit play it says "Only random sides in currant era" then gos back to start screen then when I try it again it just crashes wesnoth with a segmantation fault.

also I dont have a aim account but I do have google talk.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

I can only think it must be a problem with the download
fuzz579

Post by fuzz579 »

I dont know maybe... is there anywhere I can download war of chaos in a zip file or something?

EDIT:

I just found a place to download it, and I still got the same error but it loads the units ie: in debug mode I can create the units and use them perfectly so maybe its a problem with the faction .cfg files? also there dosnt seem to be a _main.cfg file or a detect.cfg file do I need these?
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

ok, right now I'm trying to adjust my factions/era/definitions files to try and figure out and fix the problem. Keep an eye out for version 0.3.2, it should be up soon and hopefully will fix the problem or give some indication of what the problem is.
fuzz579

Post by fuzz579 »

OK I just upgraded to kubuntu intrepid and downloaded version 0.3.2 and it works I dont know wether the upgrade of my os helped or if it was the upgrade of WOC but it works now. thanks.