Teleport Tile

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Re: Teleport Tile

Post by Rhuvaen »

Marty wrote:its not a valid map
Maps don't have events, or other wml tags... check the documentation!
KingdomAmericaCMG

Post by KingdomAmericaCMG »

Marty wrote:sorry i cant go to map it says its not a valid map

u can copy the map things and try by ur self
:|

id write the map and senerio files seperate
make your map in map editor and write a .cfg file that includes that map. in editor make sure you put the placement of sides. and in the .cfg file make sure you include map, set sides and map settings, and then put your events. the .cfg file should start with [multiplayer] and end with [/multiplayer] if you include your map in your .cfg file it should also have the multiplayer tags unless its a campaign senerio. if you have problems reproducing this go look at other people's works and copy past format. I learned the most so far by modifying other people's work.
Marty

Post by Marty »

KingdomAmericaCMG wrote:
Marty wrote:sorry i cant go to map it says its not a valid map

u can copy the map things and try by ur self
:|

id write the map and senerio files seperate
make your map in map editor and write a .cfg file that includes that map. in editor make sure you put the placement of sides. and in the .cfg file make sure you include map, set sides and map settings, and then put your events. the .cfg file should start with [multiplayer] and end with [/multiplayer] if you include your map in your .cfg file it should also have the multiplayer tags unless its a campaign senerio. if you have problems reproducing this go look at other people's works and copy past format. I learned the most so far by modifying other people's work.
dude i hvemy one editor and cfg format but the freakin gameoptions dont have a choise u can coy all of things in my early codes and remake it that it cn work
and
i do not sidesetting for a while but testing events SO u can not try say me wat i dont need to do so wat to do i just learning and one thing ITS SO FREAKIN HARD (i cant modify the maps because im not on my comp)
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

[multiplayer]
map_data="
border_size=1
usage=map

_off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr
_off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr
_off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , Khr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr
_off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , Gg , Ch , Ggf , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr
_off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , Gg , Gg^Fet , Gg , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr
_off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , Gg^Fet , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr
_off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , Gg , Ch , Gg , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr
_off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , Ggf , Khr , Gg , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr
_off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr , _off^_usr "

[event]
name=moveto
first_time_only=no
{TELEPORT_TILE 6 9 5 13}
{TELEPORT_TILE 6 11 7 8}
[/event]

[/multiplayer]
That is a step in the right direction.
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
Marty

Post by Marty »

so u say if i suse this code it can work to me? ill try it
but wen i writed it it gives me an error <unknown>:2
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

Look at the wiki for more information. There are a lot of things you can put in the .cfg
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries