Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: the new rangers image

Post by Iris »

That is TC, man.

It can be changed in a per-scenario basis easily. :/
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Divine Crusader wrote:Well,i think red is too royal.I think black,brown and green over this unit make it forest like and more outlaw.
Once again, the red is TEAM COLOR--it has to be there, so saying it doesn't look right doesn't really change anything >_<
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

mameluke wrote:One other suggestion: Since the Ranger is a level 3 unit he could also be quite a noble character.
If you look at most other level 3 units they are also quite noble.

It also makes kind of sense, since the Ranger is not just some servant that does the dirty jobs out there... he is THE Ranger, which could e.g. mean that he owns a lot of land/forest.
It's not very easy for me what a ranger actually is translated to german... but I think you still have the trapper, poacher and huntsman for the "dirty looking" characters!

He could also be something like the first ranger of the king or so...

A lot of reasons why he shouldn't look to dirty, imho
I made the first draft of the ranger and I made him raggy and dirty because if you live for a while in a forest, metal doesn't tend to survive for long and it is quite impractical if you move though the thicket.
He'll get dirty and he will have to make repairs on his own
Second you must have a certain spleen or good reasons to spend your whole live in the wildness. You won't see a shiny Hero as Tolkin described them.

That said the new on is technical better in all ways. He just looks so clean an neat for my taste. Shrugs shoulders different tastes I quess.
... all romantics meet the same fate someday
Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe ...
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin’ behind bottles in dark cafes
Divine Crusader

Post by Divine Crusader »

I see.Well,it explain why the ranger is like that.
You will never escape from justice if you committed a sin that many won't forgive.
Hide all you want but you can't escape from me.
~Divine Crusader~
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

By the way... This is kinda off-topic, but not too much, I think: Why do some people use the old images in their eras!!!? I mean, it messes the whole game's sprites up... :(
Check out my sprites!
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

Maybe because they prefered them?

It is their era after all. I can't even remember what the old mage of light looked like.

Anyway for the ranger he still at the moment looks a bit of a outlaw. However it would be nice to see what he looks like as if he has been in the wild for a while.