Level 0s for every Level 1 - Humans

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Longbow

Re: Level 0s for every Level 1 - Humans

Post by Longbow »

If you have time/want to could you animate the first version on the light colored horse with metal spear please?
My campaign, Elvish Legacy
My inventively named Era
ineedtoreportbugs

Re:

Post by ineedtoreportbugs »

Syntax_Error wrote:
Aethaeryn wrote:a lvl 0 wolf cub
awww... what will it do, lick you to death?
I heard about an era named pk era and it has a unit with an ability called charm. It is like dread but with a different name and description.
Akkarin345

Re: Re:

Post by Akkarin345 »

ineedtoreportbugs wrote:
Syntax_Error wrote: awww... what will it do, lick you to death?
I heard about an era named pk era and it has a unit with an ability called charm. It is like dread but with a different name and description.
LOL a lv 0 wolf wouldn't charm me :lol2: maybe it could just have a weak claw attack ( or lick) 9-1 etc
eisfrei

Post by eisfrei »

Longbow wrote:If you have time/want to could you animate the first version on the light colored horse with metal spear please?
I personally don't like the one just with the head changed... I has armor that doesn't look like L0.... a tunic like the peasant or ruffian looks much cheaper...
But If you really would like to have a metal spear not a wooden one, I could redo the animation frames with a metal spear.....Maybe even with a brown horse - but I really like the donkey :)
ineedtoreportbugs

Post by ineedtoreportbugs »

This page says that wild mother wolves teach their cubs how to hunt sometimes with people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves#Attacks_on_humans
Max

Post by Max »

eisfrei wrote:But If you really would like to have a metal spear not a wooden one, I could redo the animation frames with a metal spear.....Maybe even with a brown horse - but I really like the donkey :)
the only reason for the brown horse would be that there are less color changes during leveling up. (i've said that before, but it doesn't matter much).
but i really love the donkey. and the wooden spear without the iron spearhead is a nice detail that helps with the l0 appearance.
Longbow

Post by Longbow »

eisfrei: Don't worry mate, I just wondered if you had time/wanted to so I could use them in an era. :oops:
My campaign, Elvish Legacy
My inventively named Era
Rhishisikk

Post by Rhishisikk »

There is a Wolf Cub in Era of Myth: Wargs, if you want a starting point for that. :)

Also, are the images/WML for the units proposed available anywhere?
Typhon Rhishisikk

If a man has a talent and cannot use it, he has failed. - Thomas Wolfe
Wesluck (TM): Guaranteed unlike any other luck, anywhere else. - Typhon

Main Projects: ANL: Universal (era), Gambit's Empire Builder
Mica

Post by Mica »

I have all except for the lvl 0 horseman.
Attachments
lvl0s1.zip
(986.71 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Rhishisikk

Post by Rhishisikk »

Are there different threads for the other default factions? What about other-than-default humans? (ie Myth, Magic, etc?)

In my own era attempt, I notice that MANY factions lack even a single L0 unit.

Oh, and to address a question I missed earlier, I am a STRONG believer in lateral promotion between types. And thank you, I've just about figured out HOW to do an AMLA-like progression at DIFFERENT levels of XP. I like the way my mind works, except when it does it and I don't have paper and pen nearby.
Typhon Rhishisikk

Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Rhishisikk wrote:Are there different threads for the other default factions? What about other-than-default humans? (ie Myth, Magic, etc?)
No, I had them all in this one. I just need to set everything back up to how it was before.

Other-than-default is something I hadn't considered. We'll see how it goes with default first.
Rhishisikk

Post by Rhishisikk »

Hope nobody minds, but I'm swiping all this for my ANL: Universal project. I'm very interested in the mounted squire, and will put him between the foot squire and the Cavalry-Horseman. I'll put my requests in a different thread, I just wanted to let y'all know that your hard work IS appreciated, and is useful to someone.
Typhon Rhishisikk

Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Cool. Glad you like this stuff.
peet

Post by peet »

I like the level 0 mounted Squire. Very nice work.

However, I'm not sure that "squire" is the right name for him. That's because a squire is a knight-in-training, and that's what the level 1 Horseman already is.

Besides, a level 0 unit should probably be a civilian unit rather than a military one. Squires did fight in wars alongside knights and their retainers.

If the level 0 horseman is meant to represent a civilian version of the Horseman, it should probably be the kind of guy who looks after the herds of the Great Clans of the East. Not sure what the best name would be... Herdsman? Nomad? Rancher? Teamster? I put it to you guys.

Peet
Orcish Shyde

Post by Orcish Shyde »

peet wrote:I like the level 0 mounted Squire. Very nice work.

However, I'm not sure that "squire" is the right name for him. That's because a squire is a knight-in-training, and that's what the level 1 Horseman already is.

Besides, a level 0 unit should probably be a civilian unit rather than a military one. Squires did fight in wars alongside knights and their retainers.

If the level 0 horseman is meant to represent a civilian version of the Horseman, it should probably be the kind of guy who looks after the herds of the Great Clans of the East. Not sure what the best name would be... Herdsman? Nomad? Rancher? Teamster? I put it to you guys.

Peet
This can be rationalised. The level 0 Squire may simply be too young to ride a horse for military purposes - which also explains how he can ditch knighthood in favour of being a Cavalryman. Personally I don't like the idea of throwing child soldiers at your enemies, but if you're using level 0 'units' in battle you've obviously run out of real soldiers anyway (plus, Deoran's meant to be like 16 when he reaches level 3 with Leadership powers, so young soldiers certainly aren't new to Wesnoth).
Shameless Crossover Excuse
Necromancer (campaign)

You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it.