What are you 3rd level favorite unit?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Archmage
11%
Sharpshooter
9%
Avenger
22%
Paladin
8%
Mage of Light
11%
Champion
9%
Marshal
8%
Shyde
10%
Assassin
4%
I never got any 3rd elvel unit, you insensitive clod!!!
9%

Total votes: 101

fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

You can add any comments about your favorite units below.
Edit:
I only polled 3rd level units form the main campaign.
Last edited by fmunoz on December 8th, 2003, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miyo

Post by miyo »

Which rises a question... where are the 3rd level Orcish units?

- Miyo
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

I chose Shyde beacuse not only are they great healers, they are also great units tacticaly: Unimpeaded movement (almost) everywhere, A melee magic attack [4-2], a ranged magic atack [3-7] and a ranged ensnare attack [2-7] ( :D most usfull ability EVER! :D ).
methinks

Post by methinks »

It may be because I LOVE mages, heh.
Still he needs some defensive ability. Making enemy to damage only 2/3 or 3/4 of what he usually would. He is weak, you know. And slow if you have not many towns :D
ziberpunk

Post by ziberpunk »

I was in doubt between sharpshooter and mage of light, but I choosed mage. It has very good magic attack and has healing (or curing?) abilities. Combined with another mage or shyde it's very powerful :)
ammoq

mages?

Post by ammoq »

I never managed for the mages to survive long enough for level 2, let alone level 3...
methinks

Post by methinks »

keep mages alive but not allowing enemies to acces them until they are able to give enemy final blow. 4-5 final blows and you've got level 2. Level 3 is easier :)
Mage of Light has no cure/heal maybe in newer version then lates stable, heh. I think he still should heal it is im,possible to simply forget how to heal. I have though that maybe he simply uses his powers to illuminate therefore cannot cure. So he should cure (or rather heal) only in daylight. That woudl bring us to level 4 where he would be more powerful adn tehrefore able to illumiate and heal at the same time. I think this is better soultion than simply giving Mage of Light ability to heal and illuminate at once.

Ooops... have went ooftopic (btw mage of light is not THAT good, only when fighting undead).
Archamge ROCKZ.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

methinks wrote: Mage of Light has no cure/heal maybe in newer version then lates stable, heh.
MoL does indeed have cure as well as illumination in CVS and the RCs for 0.6.
methinks

Post by methinks »

I think that it would be good solution and pretty logic to do it the way I've said. MoL having cure(or heal, the strongest one do not know which), yet curing only during daylight. When advancing to, let's say, Mage of Enlightment, he will be able to cure everytime and illuminates all the time.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

methinks wrote:I think that it would be good solution and pretty logic to do it the way I've said. MoL having cure(or heal, the strongest one do not know which), yet curing only during daylight.
This still leaves the question though: why does the White Mage know how to cure all the time, and the Mage of Light only during daylight?

Also, is this 'true daylight', or 'modified daylight', since the Mage of Light is illuminating already.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the person who can produce a source of light to be able to cure even during the dark, since he can produce light where he needs it?

Also what about units like thieves, that shun the daylight? Should he be able to cure them during daylight?

David
methinks

Post by methinks »

Either I was not clear or you haven't read my previous post carefully.
White Mage gaining experience and power has learnt how to create illuminating light around him. Though more powerful then before illuminating consumes all of his power. He can still fight and walk normally but cannot use more magic for curing. When sun rises and shines widely at the field of battle he drops his illuminating magic to come with aid to those that are hurt.

Pretty logical for me, heh. Plus would mae out for a nice unit descr. (with modifications). Also, if you wish him to be a bit more powerfull than I've described you can either make him provide full daylight even at night or make him heal at night/dusk/dawn (if heal is the one that is less powerfull).
Also, if you were already ready for such improvement to MoL I would think it would be nice to introduce 4th levele for white mage too.
Let's say Mage of Enlightement. Just as MoL right now but illuminates and cures all the time. Maybe EVEN makes daylight out of night.

[EDIT] forgot too ask i do not understand can you rephrase + explain "shun"
What do you want with those thieves??
I just wanted to know what were you asking though it doesn't really matter as I've explained that MoL curing only when daylight is reason of his yet not so strong power (strong enough to illuminate,but not to cure at once). Just am curious.
arno

Post by arno »

I've voted for Marshal, which with Woses at his side will erase everything on his path !
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Great thread resurection!
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
arno

Post by arno »

Tux2B wrote:Great thread resurection!
It should never die ! :lol:
JW

Post by JW »

I'd vote either Grand Knight or Merman Hoplite.