Siege Wars - New Construction Era!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lightdragonx

Re: Siege Wars - New Construction Era!

Post by lightdragonx »

Bob i must complain that queen is WAY overpowered. I think lord i should have a lot more gold and income to counter the queens 1 order say 15-20 income and at least 50 g. And commander should get maybe extra research at command tent or something else maybe some better kind of troops but the 1 hex wider thing is way underpowered.
nataS

Post by nataS »

Rune edition:
Attachments
rune.zip
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Fosprey

Post by Fosprey »

if lord would start with +20 income and +50 i would choose it always over the queen
lightdragonx

Post by lightdragonx »

i might not as 1 order can be way better than money as later on in the game i can use that xtra order while taxing my vills at 200% becausse of my monuments and olso i might be able to recruit a extra unit per turn cuz of this

And you cant disagree to the commanders inferiority.
nataS

Post by nataS »

/me demands Bob_The_Mighty (Last visited: Fri May 09, 2008 3:22 pm) to return and and continue development of Siege Wars.
Fosprey

Post by Fosprey »

i want to note that the unit balance is a total mess. Since it uses the default era units that are balanced for different reasons.
The major cost of units isn't gold, but orders, so basically it's usually best to just recruit the best units regardless of the little price difference.
Also, AI don't use units properly and units like thief and sargent, are worst, even mages aren't as good as compared to just stomp units , like hi
Movement aren't so important either since units just need to go forward attack, it's only relevant for the footpad and thiefs in early rush, basicaly you end recruiting only HI, mages and horsemans.
ideans

Post by ideans »

need 1v1v1 map
nataS

Post by nataS »

There is a mappack for Siege Wars on the addon server, named "Mappack - Siege Wars". It offers an additional 2vs2 map and another for 1vs1vs1 games. Both offering a unique play. Feedback welcome.