Northern Rebirth: Elvish Princess

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ninjarealist

Northern Rebirth: Elvish Princess

Post by ninjarealist »

Wow, this is hands down the hardest Wesnoth mission I've come across. Playing it I can't help but feel I am going about it the complete wrong way. Anyone have any tips? Most of my recall units are Fugitives and Outlaws but I have about ten loyalists and a few dwarves.

EDIT

By the way I have 440 Gold and literally dozens of fugitives/outlaws.
ninjarealist

Re: Northern Rebirth: Elvish Princess

Post by ninjarealist »

I've seen that guide before but I don't think it is very good and have therefore not used it very much.
Oglander

Post by Oglander »

The way I did it was going in hard and quick with some veteran units, with a gryphon in the second line with your healers. You have to get up on the battlements and fight to get the "inner circle" of Orcs to break away to fight you.

If you're successful, a gap in the ZOC will appear, fly the gryphon in to rescue her majesty. :D

Oh, and if you think this was hard wait until the Eastern Fortress! :P
Xyan

Post by Xyan »

Oglander: Honestly, Eastern Fortress is quite easy if you've got enough Dwarvish Lords...just take over the mountains with them, the mages defend the slight gap supported by some outlaws, and the drakes attack through the south, supported by gryphons. Though this is not the discussion for that... :P

OP: For the Elvish Princess, if you've played the 1.4 version you can take advantage of a slight "miscalculation" by the leader of the Blue Orcs (the "preparing ones", not the ones defending the castle), which will cause him to take over the village at (23,9) by Turn 3. Just position a few powerful + damaging units that can reach there (not too near though) by the end of Turn 2, and you could pretty much "silence" him and his tons of gold in just a few turns. Then just open a gap, like others said, and fly in a Gryphon/other flying units.

:eng: Done!
'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life' - Terry Pratchett