I need some help with EI: Xenophobia

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mamadu.bwana

I need some help with EI: Xenophobia

Post by mamadu.bwana »

For the first time since I began playing EI (in version 1.4 of BfW) I am having a really hard time in the Xenophobia scenario. I tried taking out the dwarves in the mountains and succeeded in killing their king, but now the elves are butchering me over and over again as I have very few forces left. I think I should re-try the entire scenario from the beginning where I have 250 pieces of gold and two L2 orgres.

Whom should I recruit or recall?

I find the elves, the orcs and the dwarves in this scenario awfully strong and the elven forces are also very fast and capable in the forest. Whom should I try to use against them?

First I tried to stay out of the fight and let the orcs, elves and dwarves kill each other, which they did, but they also ended up being able to recruit much more than I could. But how do I move fast through the forest and fight the elves on their own turf?

Many thanks for any pointers!

Mamadu

PS: one more small question: do I have to pay for the upkeep of units which I neither recalled nor recruited, but which are in my list of units I *could* recall, i.e., units which I have not dismissed yet?
turin
Lord of the East

Re: I need some help with EI: Xenophobia

Post by turin »

Your original strategy was what I always did to win this level - attack the dwarves while the orcs and elves fight, then once the dwarves are defeated get the orcs, then finish off the elves who are fairly weak by this point. If that's not working... I dunno.
mamadu.bwana wrote:PS: one more small question: do I have to pay for the upkeep of units which I neither recalled nor recruited, but which are in my list of units I *could* recall, i.e., units which I have not dismissed yet?
No.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
mamadu.bwana

Post by mamadu.bwana »

What is the best way to beat Elves in the forest? Whom should I recruit for that?
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Best way to flush out people in high-def terrain is magic, but against elves you have to make sure you don't take massive retaliation damage.
Juan-

Post by Juan- »

Well, I played this map long time ago, in an old version, i think is the 0.8, but this map is in some way easy, i dont remember all the details, but i remember in order to defeat the elves, i only send two lancers lvl 1, and one knight (lancer lvl 2), and the elf recruit only scouts lvl 2, so be an easy fight, and to defeat the leader I use the same units, with the others two, i send units in level 2, and one or two units level 3, and a great mage lvl 4, with this units i beat the map in a some easy way.
Mnewton1 code acolite...
Oglander

Post by Oglander »

Here's something that worked to great effect for me; Don't do anything.

No really, recruit your force and wait about five turns before moving away from the keep. This allows everybody else to get well and truly engaged in battle. I then moved north to an almost empty Dwarven keep. (Some of the dwarves panicked and started back, but it was too late bless their hearts. :( )

'Course, it makes for an interesting, if a little tight ending. But where's the fun without the challenge?