Add-Ons server up to date?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Genesis7

Add-Ons server up to date?

Post by Genesis7 »

Is the server accessed via the add-ons button completely up to date? Cause I'd hate to be downloading out dated version of eras and such...
Sprite is law.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Add-Ons server up to date?

Post by zookeeper »

Genesis7 wrote:Is the server accessed via the add-ons button completely up to date? Cause I'd hate to be downloading out dated version of eras and such...
The server is, not all add-ons are.
Genesis7

Post by Genesis7 »

Then where should I download the most up-to-date ones and how do I know if the ones I already downloaded are updated?
Sprite is law.
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

Nowhere. It's each add-on author responsibility to keep them up to date and provide all neccessary information, the add-on server we provide is just a platform one can publish his work on for the wide audience, we do not and will not enforce the quality of these works unless something blatantly violates the rules (copyright/offensive content/malicious content/abandoned broken content/etc.)
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
Blues

Post by Blues »

Well, I can understand that ... isn't this wasting bandwidth? If everybody downloads everything only to discover nothing works?
I'm new to Wesnoth, I got 1.4.1 from my distro repository. So far the only addons that work are "Invasion from Unknown" (svn version) and "Legend of Wesmere" (conversion I attempted was successful).

I'd be grateful if somebody could tell me what else works?
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Basically everything on the addons server works. They're just not all campaigns. Most of them, in fact, aren't campaigns, they're things useful in multiplayer, instead. Only exception to the non-campaign-but-useful-for-campaigns that I know if is the Imperial Era, which has some campaigns that require it.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
Blues

Post by Blues »

Don't know, it's getting better, I guess. However, Legend of Wesmere I downloaded from wolff.to worked after I ran wmllint on it. Wmllint errors out on Legend of Wesmere from addon server because someone has edited it in a Windows box and in some cfg files lines end with that ugly CR/LF. The whole thing looks pretty unorganized to me.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

wolff.to is very out-of-date, use the in-game method or download from the forums. Wmllint should fix some of the problems the 1.3 addons have, and the later versions might be compatible with 1.4, but it will be very touch-and-go.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down