SurvivalXtreme: Version C.01!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Darth Jordius

Re: SurvivalXtreme: Version 2.02

Post by Darth Jordius »

mihoshi wrote:
Lim-Dul wrote: The only reliable way of beating Stronghold I found so far is using characters with specialized anti-boss resistances and a creative use of the Skirmish ability which I won't spoil for you.
On MAD with 400 and no corpse looting? I tried with solo dwarf, dragged util about turn 12, but then AI was powering up too fast. Other problem is that AI adjust units to enemy resistances - if you buy all blade it will hire impact, if you have both high impact and blade - he will hite paladins (ouch).I'll try it with mixed defence players.

Skirmish is nice for picking enemies according to unit's resistances, but problem is that skirmishers have awful resistances. Except saurians, may be...
It's probably impossible with default units on Mad with 400g, but try using EE RPG. The Dwarfish fighter can level to the Arcanister, which gets +50% to blade, pierce, and impact. The others he has about 20% on. I've soloed on Mad with one of those twice.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Riklaunim

Post by Riklaunim »

Skirmishers have big defence and with rings there are hard to hit :)
Lim-Dul

Post by Lim-Dul »

The main thing about skirmishers is: on Stronghold they are the only ones who can snatch away chests from the central bosses without having to kill them all first. Usually this means at least +160 gp for the whole team which, in turn, can make killing the three more difficult bosses (the mermaid, the saurian and the mage) easier to kill and give one player the ring and a total of 320 gp to the whole team before the mobile bosses spawn.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
--
Project StD - Save the Drakes - we want more branches! =)
mihoshi

Post by mihoshi »

Riklaunim wrote:Skirmishers have big defence and with rings there are hard to hit :)
With rings, everyone are hard to hit. But there is no way you can make assassin 100% immune to impact.
sam_waz_here

Post by sam_waz_here »

If clonkinator or whoever runs the show is reading this I suggest making it so a weapon can only be bought once per game.

I don't know about anyone else but the flaming sword and energy wave are overused by everone because they are the best weapons without exception. The flaming sword on a bat ruins sx battle or arena... I forget the name but it is the one where 4 players sart in different corners.

Basically player one uses bat with berserker sword then powers through the arena, if they manage to get out then they become unstoppable, if they die in there then the first player to get the loot becomes unstoppable ruining the game.
Where is the love?
Sparta

Post by Sparta »

Hello all, I'd like to thank you Clonkinator for such a great thing you've made.

Now, one thing that bothers me is that chests contain little amounts of gold
and sometimes people regard killing a boss just to take the useless chest with only 25 gold (which can also be gained simply by killing a couple of weak units) not worth it.

I'd say you could higher the gold in the chests so that players will actually try to defeat the bosses protecting the
chests which would make the game a bit more adventurish, I'd say the most common chests should have 100 gold,
and rare chests which are hard to get should get about 200-300.
And if this somehow is a problem, you could lower the amounts of chests in a map to make it even better adventurish.

Only a few chests in a map & Alot of gold in it = Adventure
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

My problem with SEx is that when I want to host up a map, I have a dilemma where I don't seem to have a good choice:

a) I use map settings, Sux bigtime - no fog of war
b) I set it myself, bosses are random and might be screwed up

so what should I do?
Sparta

Post by Sparta »

In SurvivalXtremeAdvanced, if your playing with default settings, all enemy leaders will have melee blade, so if you have a Berserker and you buy 100% resistences to blade, you can slash through the leaders with ease and easily win.. this has to be fixed, more variety in the leaders!

EDIT: I once killed 3 leaders in 1 turn, by killing a leader and slashing through all the weak units eventually levelling up and restoring my HP, then killing the next leader, and repeat, no jokes, this really happened.. On Mad Mode, very easy for a Berserker..
mastor3lf

Post by mastor3lf »

When opening a chest, and you get the message displaying the amount of gold received. could it be changed to disappear automatically after a few seconds?

Having to click through these things on other peoples turns gets annoying.

Perhaps this is an overall game issue?
I want to help make BfW better...
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

Its great to see the board back up! Especially considering I have had need of it since RIGHT BEFORE IT WENT DOWN!!!! So my non-default era SX maps are ready, but they refuse to recognize the era's units. How can I make the scenarios accept the units from Era of Myths and Extended Era? (1 map uses EoM and the other uses EE)
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Clonkinator, I have an idea, if you take ideas? A map that has shops in all corners (there could be 4 corners) and in the center. When you go to one, there could always appear a new boss. Is this a good idea, or could it be possible to make/too hard to beat?
Check out my sprites!
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

That would make it pretty hard, because all 5 players use the shop first turn. Also, the boss would have to be the same every time, so its either too hard or too easy.

A Guy

Post by A Guy »

Golbeeze wrote:Its great to see the board back up! Especially considering I have had need of it since RIGHT BEFORE IT WENT DOWN!!!! So my non-default era SX maps are ready, but they refuse to recognize the era's units. How can I make the scenarios accept the units from Era of Myths and Extended Era? (1 map uses EoM and the other uses EE)
I had a problem with this as well. Look in the era and find the ID for the era's units. (I tried to make a map where the AI recruited Naga Hunters and it didn't work. I looked inside EE to find out that the ID was "XE Naga Hunter" instead of Naga Hunter".
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

wow - many posts lost

EDIT
hehe, btw, im back and motivated to complete my new map now - lol
may still take some time though ;)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

OK, I went back and got the correct IDs for all the units, but it is still giving me the same error. " Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type 'f3 Windsong_Arbiter' "

I think there must be something like "{~campaigns/Era_of_Myths/EOM_Era.cfg}" that would make it work, but I can't figure out what it is.