The Era of Myths 5.19.0

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: The Era of Myths: 2 years old, handing over for a while.

Post by Velensk »

I'm having a problem with all the maps I try to add WML to whenever I try to load them up it always gives me the exact same error message. I match what the create section has exactly, I tripple check things, but it always tells me "Error unterminated quoted string at <unkown>:4". I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the quotes for the map data, but I can't figure out what the problem is, I match the example exactly. If anyone could look at one of my maps, and tell me what is wrong, I could probably fix all my maps.

@neoskel I posted what I thought on the art thread.
Attachments
4p-Broken_Legacy.cfg
(20.22 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

The lvl 3 Master of Light (celestials) has the halo image of illuminate with a typo (so it doesn't show ingame) you only need to remove the "s" in the halo=illuminate.png instead of illuminates.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

I know that EoM isn't made for survivals or RPGs so much, but it is popular and used quite a bit, especially on SurvivalXtreme games. Is there any chance that the AMLAs will be changed any time soon to full heal?
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Well. I'll make it easy for whomever's in charge; here's a little script to do this. Run in in /units/.

Code: Select all

for file in ./*/* ; do
sed -e 's/{AMLA_TOUGH 3}/{AMLA_DEFAULT}/g' -e 's/experience=100/experience=150/g' "$file" > tmp_file
mv tmp_file "$file"
done
:eng:

Edit: OK, it's a little hackish, but hopefully it'll work. I just hope nothing has exactly 100 xp for anything other than an AMLA. Oh, and the Celestial Great Wizard has, for no reason I can see, 115 xp for its AMLA, so that will have to be changed by hand.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

wmllint does that, which is probably more portable than an sh+sed script.
binaryquasar

Post by binaryquasar »

as to whether they should get full heal amla I think it would be wise to consider the logic behind it. In the default era Necrophage gets the option for full heal instead of + hitpoints amla, however it also says in the description that after it has sated its appetite for flesh it can shrug off all damages.

So for instance I can see a vampire getting full heal however I could not see one of the windsong getting a full heal amla. the reason is simple.. without aid of some kind or magic of some type wounds do not just vanish.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Actually, all units have full-heal automatically included in their +3 hp AMLA.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Yes, and they have for a while now (1.3.pretty_early), necrophage gains 1 max HP per kill now.
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

binaryquasar wrote:as to whether they should get full heal amla I think it would be wise to consider the logic behind it. In the default era Necrophage gets the option for full heal instead of + hitpoints amla, however it also says in the description that after it has sated its appetite for flesh it can shrug off all damages.

So for instance I can see a vampire getting full heal however I could not see one of the windsong getting a full heal amla. the reason is simple.. without aid of some kind or magic of some type wounds do not just vanish.
Ah but Darth was talking about SX, not actual gameplay. Theres very little logic involved in SX as character's become stupidly powerfull. (21-30 WC :twisted: )
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Quietus wrote:
binaryquasar wrote:as to whether they should get full heal amla I think it would be wise to consider the logic behind it. In the default era Necrophage gets the option for full heal instead of + hitpoints amla, however it also says in the description that after it has sated its appetite for flesh it can shrug off all damages.

Ah but Darth was talking about SX, not actual gameplay. Theres very little logic involved in SX as character's become stupidly powerfull. (21-30 WC :twisted: )
There is logic involved in SX??!?!? :shock:
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

AI wrote: There is logic involved in SX??!?!? :shock:
Very little, if any
Melon

Post by Melon »

(There was a post here, it's gone now)
Last edited by Melon on March 28th, 2008, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

As I think I said before (I'm not sure where), but I think that 5-7 is about the right number of factions for an Era. Any less makes individual matches repeat to frequently, but any more leads to the problem I have with the Extended Era. So I'm not to enthused with the idea of adding additional factions.

Having said that it's a pity to not use good faction ideas. I have not looked at whatever those things are, however they look like they have the potential to be interesting. I'd give extra consiteration to it since it has apparently been balance tested. It is possible we should have an Extended Myth Era for other factions that seem to fit the era, but I don't realy like that idea either. Looking for others thoughts.

By the way the drawing is nice, missing therpians and warg, but nice. As a minor note, the blood hulk should be much bigger, and I don't understand why the girl would be wearing whatever that tube is.

Also still looking for feedback on the deviling trait idea I proposed.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Devling Fan

Post by Devling Fan »

How come Devling can only choose between 3 of the many Lv1 for their leader? I want a Devling Nailer as my leader when I play. :'(

BTW; HUGE fan of Devlings. They my favorite faction.
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Theres one thing which has been niggling at me about this era...

Where are the regular humans?
Therians and Windsong are humans, but hardly 'regular'.
Same thing with the Changelings in the Yokai and the Vampires.
The Celestials are not human.
Both the Windsongs and the Changelings are kidnapped girls trained to be warriors/mages/whatever.
Are they kidnapping Therian girls?
Also, the Vampires have to have some regular folks to feed on and lord over.
I don't really see them ruling villages of Therians or Celestials and definitely not Windsong.

I guess you could say that regular humans would only appear in the campaigns and stuff as peasants and bandits and whatnot. But if regular humans really are all that prevalent wouldn't at least one community have a standing army?

Also, is there ever gonna be a map of this Era?
Where does everyone live? I know Windsong are in the far north (or was it the south pole, i forget...) from their descriptions, and Therians would probably be in the far south in the tropical regions (assuming the area of interest is like that of typical fantasy). The Warg live in heavily forested areas (from their descriptions). Elementals are probably spread out all over the place, in their appropriate habitats. Where are the Celestials, Vampires, Devlings and Yokai based?

Not vital of course, but it would help people view the era as a whole easier.
(I assumed that the Yokai are gonna make it in)