SurvivalXtreme: Version C.01!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Riklaunim wrote:
Clonkinator wrote:with it's berserker-special is no longer used on defense.
:( but serksers should die first :D
Yeah, I always love seeing "noobs" attack the first boss with a bow and then get berserked to death while defending. It used to take great skill to be a berserker. :(
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:
Riklaunim wrote: :( but serksers should die first :D
Yeah, I always love seeing "noobs" attack the first boss with a bow and then get berserked to death while defending. It used to take great skill to be a berserker. :(
Well, but I also got lots of complaints about the berserker-special being too dangerous for such a weak weapon. So I went ahead and removed a part of the danger while making it even weaker... :D
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Well, I tried it and now it is much safer to berserk. I just wish I could still see those noobs get PWND with their own berserk.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:Well, I tried it and now it is much safer to berserk. I just wish I could still see those noobs get PWND with their own berserk.
Well, a real n00b would probably try to attack an enemy leader with 70-20 with his crappy 3-3 berserking attack anyway... :mrgreen:
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Ah, true...
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Wait, there are no 70-20 bosses, that'd be suicide without a berserking drain.

Hey, how about creating a 1-1 magical berserking draining arcane ranged attack that slowed and cost 10,000 gold?
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Oh, that sounds too underpowered, add poison just in case.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

On a more serious note, why not change the healing and regenerating abilities? Instead of healing 8 HP, maybe 10% or so. I don't know that that is even possible, but it'd really give a practical reason for using healers in SX. If not, I'll bark at some developers until they either submit or IP ban me from visiting the forums again.

Just kidding guys, I have no such intentions!
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:On a more serious note, why not change the healing and regenerating abilities? Instead of healing 8 HP, maybe 10% or so. I don't know that that is even possible, but it'd really give a practical reason for using healers in SX. If not, I'll bark at some developers until they either submit or IP ban me from visiting the forums again.

Just kidding guys, I have no such intentions!
I was actually already planning to do that long time ago in the early days of SX (1.0.5 or so), but I couldn't do it without creating new units that use the modified attributes (since replacing abilities didn't work before). Now that modifying attributes works, however, I might actually give it another try. Thanks for reminding me! :)
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Thanks, kinda like how you changed leadership to allied leadership, makes the leaders much more useful now than they used to be.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:Thanks, kinda like how you changed leadership to allied leadership, makes the leaders much more useful now than they used to be.
Eh? I didn't change anything about leadership... :o
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Hmm, must have been Noyga. I guess it's only in the Extended Era.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Anyway, in the Extended RPG Era all leaders have Allied Leadership so that leadership is actually useful.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:Anyway, in the Extended RPG Era all leaders have Allied Leadership so that leadership is actually useful.
I know. If I implement percentual healing though I guess it's no problem to replace leadership with allied leadership as well.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Yeah, it makes sense to have that in your era.