Endless War: now with more factions & choose your own le

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

deoxy

Endless War: now with more factions & choose your own le

Post by deoxy »

I've taken Ken Oh's great idea and extended it a bit! It now has All the Extended Era factions and all the Era of Myth factions (at least, the latest Wesnoth 1.2.* release, anyway).

ALSO, I've added the ability to choose which unit you get as the leader!

Just download the Tamers faction from the campaign server, and try it out!

Unfortunately, I haven't fixed any of the minor bugs (the recall list problems), but I would like to, if I get the time, or would like to incorporate those fixes, if someone else has done them already.

Here's the original Endless War thread: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15200
Insert nifty witticism here... if only I had one.
deoxy

Post by deoxy »

I have fixed the recall bugs in the original Endless War.

I am working on changing the ability to recall formerly slain units to always work on your homeland, usually work in the middle, and not work when you invade the other player's homeland.

Also, I am going to try to remove the time limit on the main map, and simply cycle dead units back into the recall list after 1 day (6 turns) - is that too short? Would 12 turns be better?

I'll try to get it posted to the server again as soon as I get it a little more stable (sorry, changes in progress).
deoxy

Post by deoxy »

OK got all the stuff list above working (I think). Let me know what you think!

To do list (in VERY rough order of importance):
-modify the chance of recovery so that max-level units count as level 3+ (for unit lines that max out at 2)
-add AI recall support to 1) Tamers, 2) EE factions, and 3) EOM factions
-add one-off third party factions to Ebb and Flow randomly (that is, sometimes there might be another faction leader on one of the small keeps in the middle, maybe even on both from time to time). These wouldn't keep their own recall list.
-add another screen at the beginning to choose which era(s) to pull the random third parties from
-add a right-click retreat option

Also, some feedback would be nice, especially from Ken Oh (since this was his idea originally).
deoxy

Post by deoxy »

bug fix to go up in next version: gold bonus at the end of the level was only being reset when defeated.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Well, let me just say this is very cool. I haven't given this a try yet, but I hope to soon after I'm done seeing family and stuff for the holidays.

I've been planning to revamp the whole system for the original version now that I know WML a lot better and have had time to think about implementation. Still, I'm happy that someone else has taken it in another direction. I'll be sure to give real feedback when I have some.
deoxy

Post by deoxy »

OK, there's been several changes, but my time has dried up recently. I'll try to get a new version uploaded soon, and I mostly like it (it still needs tweaking in how much gold you get, etc), but the recovery of units (that is, getting them put back into the recall list) is failing after some usage (don't know why - it works at first), and the chance to be lost permanently on Ebb&Flow isn't working, either (no perma-losses).

But it's coming along. I'm getting close on having a random 3rd faction show up in ebb and flow from time to time...