Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

um... thats a dragon image, not a demon image...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

turin wrote: um... thats a dragon image, not a demon image...
you're right. Does it fit the role of demon? If not, you're more than welcome to draw a proper image...
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Here's scenario 8.

can anyone playtest this campaign? and does scenario 7 work?

I also have the final storyline:

1. Several drakonians are in a Wesnothian plantation as slaves. The hero, Malakar, leads an uprising. You have to liberate the slaves and kill the taskmaster.
2. The drakonians enter the master's house and have to fight his bodyguards to kill him.
3. The party kills the master and torches his house, and finds out about a caravan full of gold headed to his house. The drakonians ambush it and get the gold.
4. The party leaves the plantation, and Malakar decides on a plan. Set sail to a southern island, build up an army, and attack Wesnoth from the southern coast. In the meantime, they have come to the Blue River, and must capture it. They forge an alliance with pirates during the scenario. Their leader, Kogw, joins them.
5. Sailing down the river, the party is stopped by Wesnothian ships. They must destroy them.
6. The party finds open ocean, but along the way is ambushed by Sea Serpents and Cuttle Fish.
7. The party lands on the Isle of Evil, and sets up camp. However, orcs have overtaken the island, and Malakar must destroy them. Humans land on the island, and a free-for-all results. Kogw tells the story of the Isle of Evil, and each turn, there is a 20% chance a demon will rain from the sky.
8. Human reinforcements arrive. Malakar cannot defeat them, so he flees underground. Malakar must hold them off long enough so that he can escape.
9. While underground, Malakar encounters dwarves, who try to kill him. He must kill them.
10. Malakar finds an underground river. However, past that is a dead end. Malakar must follow the river, because the dwarves and humans are behind him
11. Since drakonians are not good in water, the humans catch up with him. To save himself, Malakar triggers a rockfall, which traps his experienced units and Kogw on the other side.
12. Malakar makes it to the surface. However, the survivors of the rockfall have been getting mad. They steal half of your gold and fight. If you win, you get the gold back. However, the catch is that since you are unable to recall, they have the same amount of gold as you, and the rockfall trapped Kogw, both sides are exactly even.
13. Since the experienced drakonians were able to kill the humans, they link up with Malakar. However, the humans and dwarves are now undead and attacking. Malakar must kill them.
14. The party finds the Gate to Hell, and must destroy the High Demon guarding it. After Malakar does so, he sets sail for home.
15. (final battle) The voyage is successful. Malakar lands on Wesnoth, and must fight several human armies. If successful, the Wesnothians agree to give the drakonians their own land. Malakar forms the Drakonian Empire.

Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

You know, it might not be a good idea to finalise the story-line until Neorice has shown what the Drake's present situation is in Wesnoth (location, politics, alliances and enemies). They are his race after all.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

If he wants to know anything, he can just PM me for the exact information.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

MadMax: Can you package the campaign in a format other than .zip? My browser doesn't seem to be able to download it.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

I thought you made all the art for the drake race, Neoriceisgood, so I guess we figured you'd have opinions on how they should be represented in a campaign. But if you're content to let MadMax do as he wants, then whatever.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Well he can't do anything with them he wants, but drakes mostly live in small tribes so their alignment towards other races can vary.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Elvish Pillager, I can only compress in .sit, .tgz, and .zip, and .zip is the only extension allowed. Neoriceisgood, the campaign does describe a tribe. However, they are vengeful and hate humans. That may be a problem.

Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

They were enslaved and tormented, how would you -not- hate humans?
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Here's revision 7. I've added scenario 9. Also, I've added the .cfg files for the units Rock, Demon Acolyte, Cave Naga, and Undead Dwarf. I got the Demon Acolyte from http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1294 , the Cave Naga from Christophe33, and the Undead Dwarf from http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&start=15 . Any feedback on levels 7 and 8 guys? They're the least balanced of the lot.

MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Sorry about not attaching scenario 9. Anyway, here's scenario 9 and 10. Anyway, am I talking to myself :D ?

Circon

Post by Circon »

DOn't worry, I got the same feeling with the mini-campaign...

Fun campaign.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Circon, which levels are too hard and others too easy?

Circon

Post by Circon »

Not sure if I can say it quite yet, having played on Easy in order to get several scenarios played quickly, but:

The first one is a bit too hard even on Easy. I had 3 units left and the leader at 18hp when I won it.

Add some things in "The Manor". Those side passages are boring when NONE of them contain anything. The level's too easy anyway.

On Caravan: recruit 2 Drake Petit. Fly up and kill caravan on turn 3. Elves can't reach you, only having had 1 turn of movement by then.

Can't remember the name- level with Kogw appearing- the human leader is very easy to assassinate (no pun intended) with 3 Drake, um, the powerful flying one. The elves are fairly hard, however, so this ends up relatively balanced IMHO.

More to come.