Difficulties moving units and scrolling

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
TrueBlueAussie

Difficulties moving units and scrolling

Post by TrueBlueAussie »

Hey all.

I have only been playing this game for a few days but have really liked it so far. I have downloaded several of the add-ons and after awhile I started playing around with the code. I decided to transfer some of the units from the factions that I downloaded to the original units folder and added most of them, as well as a few others, to the Great war era. This seemed to work fairly well as I could access and recruit them all but after a while, some units would just not move and I would have to use the arrow keys to scroll as the screen would not scroll using the mouse.

I am not sure if this is a known problem or something that has just occurred to me and my altering of files.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Sounds like a memory leak. Did you check that all WML constructs are still properly bracketed after your changes? Have a look at stderr.txt also, it might give you some clues to what is going on.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
TrueBlueAussie

Post by TrueBlueAussie »

There seems to be quite a few lines which say things along the lines of 'error config: unit Thunderbird uses an image_moving tag, which is deprecated' and 'error config: unit Thunderbird uses an image_defensive tag, which is deprecated'

Other than that, there is not much
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Some of the stuff on the add-on server uses deprecated or broken syntax, so that's the cause of at least the error messages. I don't know what would cause the other problems such as scrolling breakage.
TrueBlueAussie

Post by TrueBlueAussie »

Is there any way to fix that broken syntax then?