Dwarvish Treasure and other scenarios- dungeon units

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Maeglin, what is WotC? I based this off of a figure (As in a painted model) I found online. But if it's copyright infringement or anything I'll remove it. (The Troll, btw was based off of a drawing of a Troll from AD&D. [Silly me, I just realized WotC is Wizards of the Coast, but no the were-rat is based off something like Warhammer I have no idea what it's from exactly.])
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

megane wrote:Edit: Also, I believe somebody mentioned traps; this seems like a hallmark of a dungeon... not sure if it'd be codeable, but here's how I assume it'd work; the trap is invisible, of course, and when you get "ambushed," i.e. run into it, either
Rather, what you do is have the WML directly affect the unit's stats. I think it has ways to not merely make the unit suddenly have, say, 20 less hitpoints, but ways to make the unit actually run through it's "take damage" behaviour - e.g. animate and cry in pain (as it normally would in a fight) as it loses those 20 hitpoints.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Neoriceisgood wrote:trollkin midget: really just a pathetic excuse for a level 0 group unit; though being group-oriented some weird abillity that works like backstab would work nice for them
What do you think about cumulative 10-20% "leadership" for other trollkins. They could be rather weak on their own but their strengh grows immensely if they appear in groups.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

Jetryl wrote:
megane wrote:Edit: Also, I believe somebody mentioned traps; this seems like a hallmark of a dungeon... not sure if it'd be codeable, but here's how I assume it'd work; the trap is invisible, of course, and when you get "ambushed," i.e. run into it, either
Rather, what you do is have the WML directly affect the unit's stats. I think it has ways to not merely make the unit suddenly have, say, 20 less hitpoints, but ways to make the unit actually run through it's "take damage" behaviour - e.g. animate and cry in pain (as it normally would in a fight) as it loses those 20 hitpoints.
calling "normal" animations (damage, poison, mvt etc...) from WML is on my todo list, linked to a dozen FR assigend to me and on my todo list

so don't worry, it'll be in 1.3 eventually :)
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Neoriceisgood wrote:amazing flying wyrm: What is a wyrm? A limbless dragon, probably level 1; this guy just flies around being nasty, biting for melee; fireballs or acid for ranged, I'm not sure if wyrms are supposed to breath fire, I forgot.
Wyrm? Isn't "wyvern" the word you might be looking for?
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Wyvern, a dragon without arms;

Wyrm, a snake/dragon crossover.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Dragons have wings, arms and legs;
Wyverns have wings and legs;
Wyrms have wings.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Trollkin midget
|
v
Hobgoblin
level 0
chaotic
20 HP
largefoot
4 moves
5-2 sword
overwhelm (Like backstab, only the attack slows instead of dealing double damage; name subject to change)
melee--blade
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Hey what's that!

Ancient Wyvern: not as powerfull as the fire dragon, however still a force to be reckoned with,

the Ancient Wyvern would most likely be level 4 and have a powerfull bite attack, I'm not too familiar with wyverns, but if they'e supposed to breathe fire, this guy can;

it can fly however is rather slow and easy to hit due to it's sheer size, but resistances, health and sheer damage make up for any disadvantage it may have.
Attachments
superwyvern.PNG
superwyvern.PNG (2.19 KiB) Viewed 6830 times
TheLost1

Post by TheLost1 »

poison sting, rather, you shoud give it a scorpion tail.
The dragons are all colour-coded,
Some consider this system outmoded.
This was not preordained
Gary Gygax explained,
"My box of Crayolas exploded."
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Ancient Wyvern: not as powerfull as the fire dragon, however still a force to be reckoned with
While you're at it, re-do the fire dragon. The current one is somewhat underwhelming.

Judging by how well these are coming out, re-doing him would be a massive improvement.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Jetryl wrote:
Neoriceisgood wrote:Ancient Wyvern: not as powerfull as the fire dragon, however still a force to be reckoned with
While you're at it, re-do the fire dragon. The current one is somewhat underwhelming.

Judging by how well these are coming out, re-doing him would be a massive improvement.
Well it -was- my first unit :lol:
Paedie

Post by Paedie »

I got inspired by this tread and decided to try to make my own creep unit, i call it "giant frog", maybe level 1 with ranged poison attack or something.
It probably won't fit in a dungeon scenario, but maybe it can be useful elsewhere.

P.S. this is my first unit so please tell me what you think.
Attachments
giant_frog.png
giant_frog.png (20.47 KiB) Viewed 6743 times
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Or the wyvern sprite could replace the Fire Dragon... it looks nice enough, methinks.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Hope you won't mind that I mirror-inverted this wyvern for DT because the HP bar was covering his head.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde