Dwarvish Treasure and other scenarios- dungeon units

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Anyone else the think the idea of a bunch of level 0 rats doing more damage then an Orcish Grunt is really really wierd.

Then again, I guess Wesnoth stats have never been consistant.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

If there were enough rats...
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Well... I got bored doing history homework so I made a quick sprite (although some parts are adopted from neo's imp, I wanted them to have the same feel) of a cute little demon mage. Enjoy.
Attachments
demon-magi.png
demon-magi.png (1.12 KiB) Viewed 5256 times
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Oh Neorice... You are my idol. How long did it take you to make that big demon? I'm curious. :D

Well in any case, that big demon looks so powerful, he needs a powerful ability, something on stats:

Big Demon (maybe something more fancy, this'll do now)
level 4 (perhaps even 5? maybe)
152 HP
5 moves
he walks about (for i see no wings)
30% defense on plain grounds, 40% on most defensive grounds (or 20% and 30%, if you feel he's too powerful)
-100% resistance against holy

5-6 death word
poison
ranged-cold

ABILITY: Demonic precence (with, of course, a nice animation :D)
All units (exept other demons, preferably) surrounding this mighty beast of darkness suffer 4 hitpoints of damage when this beast's turn starts (should be rather easy to do, just negative healing that affects ALL adjacent units, (wheter friends or foes) but doesn't work on other demons... thus a new race would need to be created... or at least a trait)
and, of course, this ability never lowers hp below 1.
Last edited by Eternal on November 16th, 2006, 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
I wish I had more time in my hands.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Now here is where the units get scary.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

I would swap things to be as follows:

Note that - swarm doesn't necessarily mean one of the rats is killed, it could mean that it's merely "partly incapacitated". This is why it's ok to have swarm with more attacks than there are units.
Elvish Pillager wrote:Bat swarm:
6-4 fangs
drain
swarm
melee--blade
4-6 (4 damage, 6 strikes)
Elvish Pillager wrote:Rats:
level 0
7-3 bite
swarm
melee--blade
3-7 (etc)
Elvish Pillager wrote:Pack Rats:
level 1
8-4 bite
swarm
melee--blade
4-8
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

AMAZING. :D

Btw, what to do about webs? Maybe make a "web" unit, with 1-3 slowing attacks, can't move (I mean, cannot even attack), with vulnerability to fire, blade, impact and resistance to cold, pierce, holy. Give some units (giant spider) the ability to spawn one of these next to the unit it attacks when it hits with its web attack. :?:
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

I have just made this blob ability which was talked about earlier in this thread. Somehow it feels wrong to post it in an art forum so if anybdoy is interested, please tell me were to post it :)
I am looking forward to release the first version of a Neorice creeps Dwarvish Treasure next weekend.

PS: Neorice, could you possibly draw one or two rather weak creeps that use ranged as their main weapon?

PSS: I think I am now going to do something really scary for this demon.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Baufo wrote:I have just made this blob ability which was talked about earlier in this thread. Somehow it feels wrong to post it in an art forum so if anybdoy is interested, please tell me were to post it :)
In the WML workshop. It is perfectly fine to posts anwers even if no one has yet asked the question!
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Eternal: Your demon is a wimp. And it needs a more awesome ability. And a bigger, better, name.

BIG FRICKING DEMON
level 6
159 HP
6 moves
chaotic
non-living (immune to poison, plague, and drain)
Regenerates +13, Demonic Rage (Whenever BIG FRICKING DEMON kills a unit, it gets its full moves and attacks back.)
Movetype:
- defenses like a Smallfoot, minus 10% defense everywhere.
- Moves 1 over grass, forest, hills, snow, cave, sand; 2 over mountain, shallow water, swamp; 3 over deep water and lava. (yes, this would require making lava a seperate type from Canyon... as if them being the same type makes any sense in the first place)
- resist Blade, Pierce, and Impact by 50%, fire by 70%, cold by 30%, holy by 0%.
18-5 teeth and claws
poison
melee--pierce
28-3 pulverizing sword
marksman
melee--impact
26-2 sword toss
ranged--blade
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

hmm. Do you think Wesnoth units can feel pain and fear? Cuase EP is like satan to them
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

New idle animation, your lvl 3 Royal Guard wetting his armor.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Units know no fear, like Neo's Offspring.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Here is a were-rat type of thing. Based off of some figure I found online. But here it is, not exactly the Wesnoth style, but not half bad if I do say so myself.

-edit- forgot transparencies oopsies
Attachments
wererat-3.png
wererat-3.png (4.66 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Eh... Ryorin.... I hope that's not something modified off of a WotC image bank, like the troll you had a while back.... It looks sorta like something of theirs....
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.