Question!!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rojoha

Question!!

Post by rojoha »

is their any Wose Race to download somewhere so my leader can be an Older Wose??

it would be nice to hide the leader so the enemies cant get it :P
ELVES FOREVER!!!
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: Question!!

Post by Soliton »

rojoha wrote:is their any Wose Race to download somewhere so my leader can be an Older Wose??

it would be nice to hide the leader so the enemies cant get it :P
You can choose the Elder Wose as your leader in the development version. Btw the Ranger line has ambush as well.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

...and hiding your leader never works.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Most maps don't have enough forest for successful leader hiding; if you want a Wose Race I think you might try "Story of the Wose" on the addon server, even though it's a campaign and not a multiplayer era/race thingiemajigger.
Lugo Moll

Post by Lugo Moll »

You could also hide your leader by having a skeleton unit as leader and submerge him in deep water.This would be hard to do without the enemy noticing, though...
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies."
-Roger the shrubber
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Submerging would work better since plenty of units can't even go into deep water.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Imagine that on the Hornshark Island map!

You could get your leader and a few skeletons, march them into the water at your end of the island, then slowly circle all the way round the pop up right on top of your opponent's leader.
It would work best with fog on, so if you do it early your opponent wouldn't see.

No idea if it would work or not.
:D If I ever get undead on that map, I'm gonna try it though.
Sombra

Post by Sombra »

:) Regarding the submerge ability: Wouldnt it be nice if it would actually work in normal water instead of deep water? Its kind of a useless abilty right now IMO
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Zhukov wrote:Imagine that on the Hornshark Island map!

You could get your leader and a few skeletons, march them into the water at your end of the island, then slowly circle all the way round the pop up right on top of your opponent's leader.
It would work best with fog on, so if you do it early your opponent wouldn't see.

No idea if it would work or not.
I'd imagine that could work against a newbie. But considering that it would probably take something like over 20 turns to march the skellies along the deep water to the other side, even the newbie would probably leave the game before that since you'd obviously made your leader invisible with a cheat or something. :) Besides, if you actually did get there with the opponent still in his own keep (he could just march back and forth between the keeps, since he owns the island), you'd have to take his leader out in one turn.
rojoha

Post by rojoha »

plz post links to downloiad place i cant find it
ELVES FOREVER!!!
jg

Post by jg »

You can access it through Wesnoth, or through your http://wolff.to/campaigns/list.html ...

jg
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

Well, in the 20 or so turns it would take to get around the island, the other side would recruit enough units to find you in deep water. Since they would get all the villages. And since every faction has a unit that can go in deep water, you would eventually be found out.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Or if you just got a load of skellies and marched them around, while keeping your leader on his keep and leaving a few land units behind to make sure your enemy doesn't completely monopolize the island, then it might work.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Flametrooper wrote:Or if you just got a load of skellies and marched them around, while keeping your leader on his keep and leaving a few land units behind to make sure your enemy doesn't completely monopolize the island, then it might work.
Has anyone of you ever thought about doing this with gryphons? If they move on the very edges of the map they might also not been seen. And it could save you a lot of time... :wink:
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Sombra wrote::) Regarding the submerge ability: Wouldnt it be nice if it would actually work in normal water instead of deep water? Its kind of a useless abilty right now IMO
Imo it would be even better if mermen would get the submerge-ability too, since they are creatures which LIVE in the water.