Some questions

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

jg wrote:Not trying to get off-topic here, but since it has been talked about now, why not make the corpses stay on the battlefield for the rest of the scenario anyway? This might make it a little too violent for some, but one could perhaps make it an changeable option?
It has been discussed previously though, and deemed a bad idea (or at least one that isn't good enough to make it an improvement). Dozens of corpses littering the map would make things a bit messy - a bit harder to distinguish units from the corpses, several corpses on top of each other, people starting to argue that since the corpses stay there, you should get a penalty to something when passing or attacking from that that hex, etc.
jg

Post by jg »

True... that would make things a little messy. Since it has been discussed, scrap that idea...

jg
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

jg wrote:Not trying to get off-topic here, but since it has been talked about now, why not make the corpses stay on the battlefield for the rest of the scenario anyway? This might make it a little too violent for some, but one could perhaps make it an changeable option?
A better question is "Why?"
The answer to "Why Not?" is because it would freqently look really dumb. Imagine 2 or 3 bodies on a village hex. Any illusion of 3D space would be destroyed by the way they overlap. Besides it's much more important to the game to know what a hex is, not who's died there.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Woo_Hoi

Post by Woo_Hoi »

This is not a topic discuss about should or shouldn't do , ok ,just tell me which file should I edit?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Woo_Hoi wrote:This is not a topic discuss about should or shouldn't do , ok ,just tell me which file should I edit?
Err, sorry, I just forgot to check this out yesterday, contrary to what I promised. :P I'll try to remember to do it today then.
jg

Post by jg »

Sorry... Kind of high-jacked your thread...

jg
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

zookeeper wrote:
Woo_Hoi wrote:This is not a topic discuss about should or shouldn't do , ok ,just tell me which file should I edit?
Err, sorry, I just forgot to check this out yesterday, contrary to what I promised. :P I'll try to remember to do it today then.
Sorry again, I'm finding this too boring and undesireable, so I probably won't be trying to write the WML for it after all. A few hints though: before the units die, change the last frame of their [death] animation to last longer (for example, add 2000 to the begin= time and put the result as the end= time).
Woo_Hoi

Post by Woo_Hoi »

zookeeper wrote:
zookeeper wrote: Err, sorry, I just forgot to check this out yesterday, contrary to what I promised. :P I'll try to remember to do it today then.
Sorry again, I'm finding this too boring and undesireable, so I probably won't be trying to write the WML for it after all. A few hints though: before the units die, change the last frame of their [death] animation to last longer (for example, add 2000 to the begin= time and put the result as the end= time).
In which file? tips.cfg?game.cfg?HUH??!!!!!!!!! :!:
Please support Download Wesnoth 1.0.2 (stable)!
Freaks Race(Please get it!): http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13645
Woo Hoi Wesnoth1.0.2 Club: http://woohoi.2fear.com/
jg

Post by jg »

Woo_Hoi wrote: In which file? tips.cfg?game.cfg?HUH??!!!!!!!!! :!:
I guess he meant the unit*.cfg file. Which you can find in the units folder.

jg

*put the unit's name here.
Woo_Hoi

Post by Woo_Hoi »

so I need to EDIT every unit file?
Please support Download Wesnoth 1.0.2 (stable)!
Freaks Race(Please get it!): http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13645
Woo Hoi Wesnoth1.0.2 Club: http://woohoi.2fear.com/
Lord_Aether

Post by Lord_Aether »

Yes, you need to edit every unit file.
Mac OS X 10.5.7
Wesnoth 1.6.2
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Lord Aether wrote:Yes, you need to edit every unit file.
Actually he could just edit the scenario file, if my previous suggestion of how this could be done would work. Which I doubt a bit. Besides, the whole thing is dumb and pointless to begin with, so who cares, really.