[Solved] Campaigns

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ethyrdude

[Solved] Campaigns

Post by Ethyrdude »

I read somewhere that the game comes with some campaigns? I installed version 1.1.9 for linux but I didn't get any campaigns. I was able to download "The South Guard" or perhaps a modified version of it from the add-ons but I'd like to know which main ones I am missing and how to get them or are they available through the add-ons feature? I assume that I should have the six campaigns specified in the forums or are these still in development?

BTW, the tutorial is great, I found the game an easy learn and I foresee many hours of amusement.
Last edited by Ethyrdude on September 12th, 2006, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

On some distributions of linux the mainline campaigns are in a separate package.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

You're probably using either Debian or Ubuntu.

You need to download ALL of the wesnoth- packages, not just the one called "wesnoth".
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ethyrdude

Post by Ethyrdude »

Ah... very good. Yes, I'm using Debian. Thank you very much for your help.

Note: Found out that the campaigns (and the game itself) are available using synaptic. 'apt-get install wesnoth' will only install the base game and basic data. If you use the unstable repositories, make sure you use them also for the campaigns, editor, server, etc. Using the etch repositories will get you version 1.1.8, so use unstable for version 1.1.9. Now that I have the campaigns, let's play!