Holy Knights Faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

halleck

Post by halleck »

You sound depressed dude... I think we should get you a shrink. :P
Screw it... I can go without a sig.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

naw, I'm just tired of spriting
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

sorry about the wait, expect an update around tommorrow or sunday.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Got some stats done (and updated jg's), those last two units are on their way. I really need help with the stats since I'm not much of a balancer. I want to write descriptions for them but short on time at the moment. Oh well.
Rifleman: lvl=1 HP=38 XP=48 cost=16 mvm=5 (largefoot) Lawful
Ranged: Rifle 1-13 (pierce) melee: Bayonet 3-5 (pierce)

Cannoneer lvl=2 HP=48 XP=120 cost=35 mvm=4 (smallfoot) Lawful
ranged: Heavy Rifle 1-45 (impact) Melee: Bayonet 1-12 (pierce)

Launcher of the flames lvl=3 HP=65 XP=100 cost=55 mvm=4 (armored foot) Lawful
ranged: Light Cannon 2-35 (impact) melee: Torch 2-8 (fire)

Glory Seeker: lvl=1 HP=30 XP=20 cost=10 (mounted) lawful
Melee: Scimitar 4-3 (blade)

Knight of Order: lvl=2 HP=45 XP=35 cost=32 (mounted) Lawful
Melee: War Scimitar 5-6 (blade)

Knight of Blinding Light: lvl=2 HP=60 XP=27 cost=29 (mounted) Lawful
Ranged: Light Beams 3-4 (holy) Melee: Shield 2-10 (impact)

High Knight: lvl=3 HP=70 XP=90 cost=45 (mounted) Lawful
Melee: War Blade 3-15 (blade) Melee: Battle Shield 2-12 charge (impact)
Ranged: Light Beams 3-3 (holy)
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

got a few more stats done and the descriptions for them. I really need feedback since i have little grasp on the balance of these.

Rifleman: lvl=1 HP=38 XP=48 cost=16 mvm=5 (largefoot) Lawful
Ranged: Rifle 1-13 (pierce) melee: Bayonet 3-5 (pierce)
Using an explosive material, the Holy Knights were able to produce primitive firearms. The weapons are inaccurate and slow to reload, but they are superior to the artillery at the time. Rifleman are trained in the art of long ranged combat, but are prepared for melee fighting if the need arises

Cannoneer lvl=2 HP=48 XP=120 cost=35 mvm=4 (smallfoot) Lawful
ranged: Heavy Rifle 1-45 (impact) Melee: Bayonet 1-12 (pierce)
Riflemen who have proved themselves capable of surviving in combat and effective in killing their foes are given the honor of a rank advancement. With the Cannoneer title comes upgraded armor and weaponry. The extra weight slows them down and the additional firepower must be fused with their armor so that it can be held, but the greater caliber offers more damage.

Launcher of the flames lvl=3 HP=65 XP=100 cost=55 mvm=4 (armored foot) Lawful
ranged: Light Cannon 2-35 (impact) melee: Torch 2-8 (fire)
The strongest Cannoneers are given the title of Launcher of Flames. Their conditioned strength from past weapons allows them to effectively use two small cannons attached to their armor. The cannons not only cause more destruction, but allow for more shots.

Glory Seeker: lvl=1 HP=30 XP=20 cost=10 mvm=6 (mounted) lawful
Melee: Scimitar 4-3 (blade)
Normal citizens are allowed into the Holy Knights. To make up for their lack of strength and training, they are given a mount and are used as scouts. With little experience in battle, Glory Seekers wish to prove themselves on the field.

Knight of Order: lvl=2 HP=45 XP=35 cost=32 mvm=4 (mounted) Lawful
Melee: War Scimitar 5-6 (blade)
Glory seekers who show prowess in combat are given extra armor and a more powerful blade. They fight with greater force than before and cut down enemy forces. Although still mainly scouts, Knights of Order are capable of holding their own in combat.

Knight of Blinding Light: lvl=2 HP=60 XP=27 cost=29 mvm=5 (mounted) Lawful
Ranged: Light Beams 3-4 (holy) Melee: Shield 2-10 (impact)
Seekers who show that they can survive are given massive shields and the title of Knight of Blinding Light. They tank their way through large forces and are useful for aiding retreating troops.

High Knight: lvl=3 HP=70 XP=90 cost=45 (mounted) mvm=5 Lawful
Melee: War Blade 3-15 (blade) Melee: Battle Shield 2-12 charge (impact)
Ranged: Light Beams 3-3 (holy)
Knights with the greatest strength are promoted to High Knights. Given a massive war blade, heavy armor, and a great shield, they cut down weaker enemies with ease. The massive blades hook into opponents and rip away armor.

Holy Fire: lvl=1 HP=23 XP=19 cost=16 (spirit) mvm=6 Neutral
Melee: Freezing Touch 3-3 (cold) Ranged: Spirit Fire 3-3 (cold)
The priests of the Holy Knights developed a way to summon souls killed violently or who experienced an untimely death. The Holy Fire have a weak influence on the physical realm, but can quickly increase their power if they gain the revenge they seek.

Soul of the Pure: lvl=2 HP=25 XP=34 cost=28 (spirit) mvm=6 Neutral
Melee: Frost Grip 2-3 (cold) Ranged: Soul Flames 4-5 (fire)
Holy Fires of strong spirits become Souls of the Pure. These spirits become a fetal soul which emanates light so strong it can damage enemies. These souls are so bright that they are not weakened by the night.

Soul of the Fallen: lvl=2 HP=32 XP=30 cost=30 (fly) mvm=5 Lawful
Melee: Phantom blade 3-8 (blade)
Spirits of dead warriors become Souls of the Fallen. These souls become more physical in being, and thus can do more damage, but are affected by the day and night.

Souls of Light: lvl=3 HP=30 XP=60 cost=39 (undead spirit) mvm=6 Neutral
Ranged: Cleansing Wrath 5-8 (holy) magical
The most pure souls become those of light. They purge away enemies with their power and vengeful being.

Ghostly Knight: lvl=3 HP=40 XP=49 cost=45 (fly) mvm=5 Lawful
Melee: Swords of Guilt 4-10 (blade)
Souls of the Fallen can choose to become even more physically stable and use their spirit to produce an additional weapon. Their strength increases and they become harder to push back to the spirit world.

Haunting Warrior: lvl=4 HP=54 XP=70 cost=60 (fly) mvm=4 Lawful
Melee: Shame Edge 5-15 (blade)
Haunting Warriors are the most powerful spirits summonable. They cut down enemies and crush them under their own shame for killing.
jg

Post by jg »

Help you as soon as I can, got loads of school work... :cry:

jg
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

it's quite all right, I understand.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Ughh, I hate seeing this thread drop to the bottom of the list. Post something soon I swear!
jg

Post by jg »

I can tell that people will probably see some unit's ingame for the first time this week... :) When I get the Missionary unit properly done.

jg
jg

Post by jg »

Maybe, I promised a little too much... I'll try and have it ready on Sunday; I would have had it ready for tomorrow or later, but because I'm away for the whole week-end, it seems a little impossible...

jg
jg

Post by jg »

It's done... ... mostly. I don't know how to implent the female-male thing yet. But I'll go to the WML workshop and ask for some help.

This was done with 1.1.8, but it might also work with other versions. If you have problems getting it to work, please either PM me, or write it into this thread... (if you corrected some mistakes by yourself, then please tell me which, and how... :wink:)

jg
Attachments
Holy_Knights.tar.bz2
Here it is...
(93.61 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Feral

Post by Feral »

i'm confused with how to get the Holy Knights onto the game. Help please.

:)
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

technically, Holy Knights isn't playable yet as the era and units haven't been completed. Good to see some more people are interested!
Sorry about not responding to the convert ability jg, I just haven't had the time with school and all. I've got some vacations coming up, so I'll get cracking then.
jg

Post by jg »

No problem, I'll go on adding some units into the faction.

@Feral: Welcome to the forums! :D Either you can wait till a later version, or I can try and help you now. If you decide to try it now, I would need some info: version of Wesnoth, Linux/Windows or Mac, and where you have a problem. Then I think I could help you (hopefully :P)...

jg :
Feral

Post by Feral »

Thanks. I think i'll wait. :)