Campaigns

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Blade332

Campaigns

Post by Blade332 »

I was curious if there are any new Campaigns in progress? Also, when i download a homade campaign, it there not supposed to be music?
RPG- http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47028910

It's an RPG about vampires fighting werewoves. Check it out.
jg

Post by jg »

What version are you using (of Wesnoth)? I am not sure, but I think there doesn't have to be music. Though don't trust me on that....

EDIT: Can some mod please put this into the correct forum (Scenario & Campaign or WML Workshop)?

jg
Viliam
Translator

Re: Campaigns

Post by Viliam »

Blade332 wrote:Also, when i download a homade campaign, it there not supposed to be music?
I guess it depends on how the campaign was written; so please write which campaign it was.
JW

Re: Campaigns

Post by JW »

Blade332 wrote:I was curious if there are any new Campaigns in progress?
Yes there are.
Blade332

Post by Blade332 »

^^ Sweet can't wait >.<. also, All the campaigns like i've downloaded. I assume they are homemade :/. Anyway, none of them have music, examples would be- Northern Rebirth, Legend of wesmere, Invasion of arendia, and Eternal kingdom. I'm sorry is this not in the right forum? Kinda new; figured scenerio and campaign development fit this topic. :/

appleide

Post by appleide »

Blade332 wrote:^^ Sweet can't wait >.<. also, All the campaigns like i've downloaded. I assume they are homemade :/. Anyway, none of them have music, examples would be- Northern Rebirth, Legend of wesmere, Invasion of arendia, and Eternal kingdom. I'm sorry is this not in the right forum? Kinda new; figured scenerio and campaign development fit this topic. :/
The easy way: drag all the music from Wesnoth. convert all to mp3s using Audacity. Fire up iTunes. Play your fav wesnoth tracks.
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Blade332 wrote:^^ Sweet can't wait >.<. also, All the campaigns like i've downloaded. I assume they are homemade :/. Anyway, none of them have music, examples would be- Northern Rebirth, Legend of wesmere, Invasion of arendia, and Eternal kingdom. I'm sorry is this not in the right forum? Kinda new; figured scenerio and campaign development fit this topic. :/
if this is that case then I can tell you that it's a problem on your end, I know that IoA plays music in both the 1.0.2 and 1.1.9 versions.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Blade332 wrote:I assume they are homemade :/.
Um... it's stupid to say "they're homemade" (thus implying they're worse somehow than the default campaigns). How do you think the default campaigns originated? They weren't created by some professional team of writers. Nothing in Wesnoth was, not the campaigns, not the art, not the music. ALL Wesnoth campaigns (and all other content too), official or no, are homemade. I've made four different campaigns, one official, three not. I would say the one that's official is probably my worst campaign. And all three are "homemade".
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Turin's pretty much right. Being officially made by a team of professionals != quality, automatically. Heck, most of the best* in the software field is homemade or at least started as such, (I.e. linux, wesnoth) while what is made by big, professional groups is often considered worse (i.e. Microsoft)

*Opinion.
hey.
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:
Um... it's stupid to say "they're homemade" (thus implying they're worse somehow than the default campaigns).
Actually, I don't think it's stupid at all. It's pretty accurate. I assume most contributers work out of the comfort of theirs homes as opposed to other places on Earth.

As for being worse than official campaigns, they are, definitely, in at least one sense: they aren't official.
jg

Post by jg »

Blade332 wrote:Kinda new; figured scenerio and campaign development fit this topic. :/
I think you originally posted it into Factions & Era by accident; look into that forum: you will see a title 'Moved:Campaign'.

jg
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

JW wrote:Actually, I don't think it's stupid at all. It's pretty accurate. I assume most contributers work out of the comfort of theirs homes as opposed to other places on Earth.
I didn't say it was inaccurate to say that they're homemade; I said it was stupid to say "they're homemade" as a means of implying that they're somehow worse than the ofifical campaigns. Which they're not.
JW wrote:As for being worse than official campaigns, they are, definitely, in at least one sense: they aren't official.
But they're better in other senses (higher quality writing, higher quality gameplay), so it evens out. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:
JW wrote:As for being worse than official campaigns, they are, definitely, in at least one sense: they aren't official.
But they're better in other senses (higher quality writing, higher quality gameplay), so it evens out. ;)
On that I have to admit total ignorance. I've only played HTTT all the way through, and I've only tried a couple UMC campaigns. I tried playing UTBS because everyone says the gameplay is so innovative, but I couldn't get past the boring, excrutiatingly long, first scenario.

That's generally why I play MP instead. :wink:
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Alot of the campaigns by users have uninvolving storylines... for that matter so do the official campaigns. (No offense I love them all to death, UTBS especially, I loved that story hence my Nightfall project.)
Blade332

Post by Blade332 »

turin wrote:
Um... it's stupid to say "they're homemade" (thus implying they're worse somehow than the default campaigns).
How is saying they are homemade imply they are worse? In my previous statement i never once said, "they are worse" i just said they didn't play music. My mom makes a mean batch of "homemade" cookies, i personally think they are better than the stores. All i mean by homemade is that they are indeed, not official. Don't come in the fancy packaging, or so to speak.