any of u guys/girl can help me in The Lost General senario

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NeoGuyver

any of u guys/girl can help me in The Lost General senario

Post by NeoGuyver »

i play version 1.0.2
play this map for 20 times already :shock: and still i cant win it
I have this on my arsenal:

2 knight
3 gryphon master
4 Merman Warrior
3 Elvish Sharpshooter
3 Elvish Outrider
2 Arch Mage
2 Elvish Champion
2 Elvish Marshal

and sadly to say i only have 300+ gold fo this senario...

I cant seem to win this senario ... the orc can deal 10 to 12 damage to my unit cos of chaotic stat on orc, since cave consider as night all the time :(. All my unit have low defence, around 20%. Most orc lvl up when 1 of them able to kill my veteran unit! Not including undead from below! but at lis the undead will come out until and only if i crumble the wall so as long i keep my distance the undead will not come out... :P
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

Don't recall so many of your veteran elf units. They're terrible underground.
Recruit a horde of new dwarvish units. Get a whole bunch of fighters and thunderstickers.
With an army of level ones, you can sacrifice a few of them and not worry about needing to save and load much either. :wink:
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
jg

Post by jg »

Also, if you don't have much gold, consider sending one of your dwarves down the lake, where you find villages (in case you didn't know). They can come in handy. Especially later in the scenario :wink: ...
MawhrinSkel

Post by MawhrinSkel »

The only non dwarves who should be used in this scenario are leaders and healers. Humans move much faster than elves in caves, so use Konrad (hopefully level 3) and white mage(s). There are few villages in which to heal, and a level 3 leader increases the damage of the fresh dwarves by 50%.
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

Usually the only recalls I make for this level are healers. The big gap on your recall list: no white mages, no Druids or Shydes. If I were you I'd go back a few levels and focus on leveling up some healers.

Working with what you've got: I'd say recall one Arch Mage (ideally a Quick one) for a bit of emergency artillery, and spend the rest of your money on L1 dwarves. Use Konrad's leadership (hopefully he's L3 by now) to toughen them up; as soon as they get injured, retreat them to a village to heal and replace them with a fresh unit. Don't let Konrad or the Mage get any kills - you really need levelled Dwarves and plenty of 'em.

Thunderers are effective against Trolls, and leadership can make them very powerful. Dwarf Fighters' hammer attack is better against undead.
MawhrinSkel

Re: any of u guys/girl can help me in The Lost General senar

Post by MawhrinSkel »

NeoGuyver wrote:the undead will come out until and only if i crumble the wall so as long i keep my distance the undead will not come out... :P
Wrong :) They come out eventually anyway.

Take note that skeletons are vulnerable to impact attacks, and dwarvish fighters are armed with hammers.
NeoGuyver

Post by NeoGuyver »

Thanks u all great help!
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

BTW, finish off the orcs/trolls first, then deal with the undead.(the earth crumbles by itself after you've finished with the orcs)
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

This is a tactic that worked for me. I charged about six dwarves (4 Fighters, 2 Thunderers) and a healer straight to the crumbling wall. I then grouped them around the entrance of the two corridors that open up. The undead came out two at a time. This makes them very easy to kill. By the end of the level those six dwarves had leveled into 2 Thungerguards, 3 Steelclads and 1 Lord.
Meanwhile I had a second group of mostly dwarves who dealt with the orcs. That was quite a fight, but by no means impossible.

As some people have already said, the key to this level is to recruit mostly dwarves. Also, focus on leveling them up. You will really need high-level dwarves in the next few levels.
Elvish Orc Slayer

Post by Elvish Orc Slayer »

well split up ur arch mages 1 to undead and the other to the orcs. then send a mob of D fighters to the undead and another squad (3-4) to face the orcs. on their way ally dwarves will help u. i had a Mage of Light with me
energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

Well, I recall always a shyde (so I make sure, that I have at least one shyde, before entering that scenario), send it to the lake to capture villages. Rest of gold is used for dwarfes, lots of them. When the gold starts to come in, I recall white mages (at least two), some 1 level mages and two or three dwarfes and send them down to the 'guest quarters'. As soon as the orc leader is as good as dead, I start sending some of the dwarfes to the lake, so when the orc leader is killed and the undead set free, some dwarfes are ready to kill them. Make them slow with the shyde, kill them with the dwarf. As soon, as the mages on the other side are ready and Konrad down there, I open the wall. From that point it takes roughly five to seven turns to kill the general. Usually I am able to level at least two dwarfes, and sometimes some mages.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

santi wrote:BTW, finish off the orcs/trolls first, then deal with the undead.(the earth crumbles by itself after you've finished with the orcs)
Wrong. The undeads come out at turn 20, regardless of the orcs.
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
toms

Post by toms »

TheChosenOne wrote:
santi wrote:BTW, finish off the orcs/trolls first, then deal with the undead.(the earth crumbles by itself after you've finished with the orcs)
Wrong. The undeads come out at turn 20, regardless of the orcs.
undeads come out at turn 20 or earlier if you move on certain hexes, which are marked by some stones.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

toms wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote: Wrong. The undeads come out at turn 20, regardless of the orcs.
undeads come out at turn 20 or earlier if you move on certain hexes, which are marked by some stones.
You mean the one next to the signpost? Who would be so stupid to move there?
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
toms

Post by toms »

TheChosenOne wrote:Who would be so stupid to move there?
For an example, me. I'm mostly ready for the undead before turn 20.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!