Little mistake in Wesnoth Documentation

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jg

Little mistake in Wesnoth Documentation

Post by jg »

I found a mistake in the Wesnoth "help" section (straight in Wesnoth). It says that the "Elvish Ranger" and "Elvish Avenger" can hide in the forest. When I look at the terrain description, it tells me that the normal forest, snowy forest and jungle forest all belong to the same group. On the other hand, the Elvish Avenger and Elvish Ranger cannot ambush on the snowy forest. The snowy forest also takes away some movement points.

I think that this should somehow included somewhere, maybe in the Ranger and Avenger descriptions?

Hopefully this has not been discussed/fixed already. It might also be that this only happened in the scenario (HttH - Northern Winter) I played.

jg

P.S: Anybody else with similar mistakes, post here!
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

And feel free to notice mistakes and omissions in the wiki Manual and either post them here or, even better, fix them up directly.

(Don't know that the Elvish Avenger is mentioned in the wiki Manual at the moment so that particular one can't be fixed in there at least.)
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

I'm surprised. Wose sure can.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

That sounds like a bug in the units' behaviour to me; ie. the documentation accurately states what should be the case.

Can anyone confirm or deny if there's a particular reason for this behaviour?
Sly

Post by Sly »

Last time I used an Elvish Ranger in a snowy forest (in HttT, a Northern Winter), he was invisible
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

*tests*

Every Wose, the Elvish Ranger and the Elvish Avenger can all hide in snowy forest.

How did anyone come to the conclusion that they couldn't?
kiet

Post by kiet »

Maybe it´s a bug,since Rangers,Avengers and Woses can hide in snowy forest,they also get the same defence bonus as a regular forest.The only bad thing with a snowy forest is that elvish units move slower in them.
jg

Post by jg »

Zhukov wrote:*tests*

Every Wose, the Elvish Ranger and the Elvish Avenger can all hide in snowy forest.

How did anyone come to the conclusion that they couldn't?
Strange... I'll test it today... Maybe I mixed something up??? :? But it should at least be mentioned, that the Avenger or any other elf unit, moves slower on the snowy forest.

jg