A few new item images

Post by highhole »

I changed the item images:
Citic please...
Attachments
I made it lighter...
I made it lighter...
armor2.png (4.47 KiB) Viewed 4431 times
I did some changes on the staff and the front...
I did some changes on the staff and the front...
storm-trident2.png (402 Bytes) Viewed 4429 times
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

I think the new style is moving away from this kind and making items more like what you would see in World of Warcraft.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
highhole

Post by highhole »

SmokemJags wrote:I think the new style is moving away from this kind and making items more like what you would see in World of Warcraft.
OK, perhaps the storm-trident is to much colored...
But IMO the actually storm-trident could be a spade, too.
see:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/w ... ?rev=10504
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

SmokemJags wrote:I think the new style is moving away from this kind and making items more like what you would see in World of Warcraft.
That's what it's doing with attack images, but I haven't heard of doing something like this for items as well...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

turin wrote:
That's what it's doing with attack images, but I haven't heard of doing something like this for items as well...
We are having a change on item too though, the perspective is different (I think), but the attack images is going so fast it dwarves this.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
scott

Post by scott »

That armor image is a POS that I came up with as a placeholder for future plans. If anyone can improve it, I would appreciate it.

These item images are like sprites, whereas the attack images are like portraits.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

My mistake, probably was a bad idea to post right before going to sleep wasn't it.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

The armour looks 2d to me; like it's only the front bit of the armour. IMO, it would be better were it positioned so it was sitting on the ground and it looked 3d rather than flat.

Aside: Surely we can make our art look professional without being so derivative as to say "It should look like World of Warcraft". :!: :?:
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

So many people here jealous of WoW it's not even funny anymore.
Any mention of it is like instant-nerve striking.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

If wesnoth becomes too WoW-ized, I will probably quit. I know that most of you won't really care, but I just want to say that it's uniqueness graphically is one of it's stronger points; as is it's uniqueness everywhere else(most fantasy games today are, essentially, Dnd/WoW clones, wesnoth is not as much). Eye-candy graphics like in WoW are not nessecary for a good game; Wesnoth is an awesome game as it is, and it achieves that without having to copy things like styles of graphics from megalathons like WoW. Just my $0.02...
hey.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Quoted for Truth.

Post by Kestenvarn »

SmokemJags wrote:So many people here jealous of WoW it's not even funny anymore.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Fine by me if they're jealous. I'm not.
hey.
highhole

Post by highhole »

OK, perhaps it looks like WoW, but I have never played WoW!! :x :?
Redeth
Art Contributor

Post by Redeth »

highhole wrote:OK, perhaps it looks like WoW, but I have never played WoW!! :x :?
Me neither and I'm not planning to, so reading "just like in WoW" or "graphics in the WoW style" is, if not annoying, at least of no use whatsoever to me when it comes to creating art.

Regarding the items, I think a little bit of increased shading on the armor would be nice.
- Rojo Capo Rey de Copas -
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

One of the best graphiced games out there(as in in game), Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, has some of the first icon images of any current game, while, wesnoth is beat in-game, but it's icons are actually better.
Sorry for the meaningless post