Stick Figure Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Post by JW »

kshinji wrote:Great idea - if possible, i want to join. My faction would be: "Das Circlez". I will give you some art in a while.
:-)

BTW, great idea again XD
Feel free to. Foxwolf is currently creating a faction as well. pm either him or myself to coordinate. Upload images here. I haven't been working on this in the past few days as I've started trying to do art for the Shifters and it has gone somewhat successfully.

This will get finished, but perhaps not as quickly as I had hoped. Thanks for the compliment. =)
halleck

Post by halleck »

One word, SWEET!!!!!!!!!! i call dibs on the pastamancer
Screw it... I can go without a sig.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

It's not really a KoL era.... I think KoL is all (c), so we really can't. Just make up your own stick figures. It isn't hard.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

still active project?
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
JW

Post by JW »

Um, I was actually just looking at this stuff this morning as I went through my images, so it can be resurrected if you feel like contributing.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

I really should, as i need to learn as much as i can on making races and etc. I really want to continue with arachnoids. But right now i cannot setup Wesnoth, and i will reinstall my slack to newest version.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
Lesser Python

Art for stickman faction

Post by Lesser Python »

I'm in! Let me know how to make .png files! I can only embarrass myself as my skills improve. I know I'll need:

Base unit
Attack
Defend
Die

What other animations are needed?

And is there a way to make a color that changes with faction?

Oh, and is there... nah, that's enough newbie questions for one post.
I meant to be asleep by 10. It's now 3AM. The factions of Wesnoth need work, and I am therefore happy. - Lesser Python
ascendant

Post by ascendant »

.png files can be created with the most graphic programs. Examples: GIMP, Photoshop (Neoriceisgood uses event Paint)
But not all programs can handle with transparency, you have to fint one which can.

You need following animations:
  • attack
  • defend
  • (leadership)
  • die
  • movement
    to make a unit with current game standards. And they should also be team-colored.
    Please read the wiki pages about unit art and the TColor turtorial to get more informations.
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

http://www.xiaoxiaomovie.com/index02.htm

The ultimate in stick figure fighting animation.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
JW

Post by JW »

yeah, xiaoxiao is aweosme.