New Idea: Combined defence

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
romnajin wrote:Claustrophobic-when packed in tight areas by too many allies or enemies, has reduced attack/defense by 10%
Ooh! I like this idea! It's a little unspecific though...

This unit does 1 less damage for each unit next to it.
Call it Militia, Draft, Untrained or something other. Seeing the unit you just bought and seeing "Claustrophobic" doesn't feel good.

Unless we start changing/forking Wesnoth into the Skirmish Game of Horror, with traits like Wimp, Fearful, Maniacal, etc. and factions like The Shadow Men, The Watchers, The Aware, The Elysian Nether and what not.[/brainstorm]

*goes into brainstorm spasm*
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
romnajin wrote:Claustrophobic-when packed in tight areas by too many allies or enemies, has reduced attack/defense by 10%
Ooh! I like this idea! It's a little unspecific though...

That'd have to be 'for each unit next to it, beyond the first', otherwise it'd never be able to attack without a penalty.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Mustelid wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote: Ooh! I like this idea! It's a little unspecific though...

That'd have to be 'for each unit next to it, beyond the first', otherwise it'd never be able to attack without a penalty.
So what? It's not a problem to have a constant penalty, and adding the exception is just a complication.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

I think "Loner" is a better name for it but take the idea where ever you want. ;)