Campaign: Saving Elensefar

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Blackjack: Fixed. Oops. :oops:
Eleazar wrote:I've been playing .9.0 and something odd happened in "Traitor"
The opposing faction only recruited 1 scout unit in the first 3 turns. I had units in his castle before the enemy got around to recruiting a few more units. And he was dead within more turns.
I think I've figured out the problem with this.
Eleazar wrote:Also since (apparently) i would have gotten to keep any elves left alive after i killed the leader it would have been nice for Meneldur to say something like, "These people are my bretheren being led astray by a twisted leader. Perhaps once we kill him, they will give up the fight against us."
Well, this isn't actually how it worked, but since it makes sense, and could be inferred from the ending dialogue, I've added it. Thanks for the suggestion. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Jose Luis

Post by Jose Luis »

I love your campaign. Are you going to do another one?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Jose Luis wrote:I love your campaign.
Thanks.
Jose Luis wrote: Are you going to do another one?
I am currently working on a more RPG-ish campaign involving undead. However, I'm running into trouble getting my AMLA code to work. :?

Just curious, do you like Eastern Invasion, Sceptre of Fire, or Saving Elensefar best? I know which one I prefer, but I don't know if most people agree with me.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
unsung

Post by unsung »

saving elensfar, just because it's different and make syou REALLY think ahead.

EI comes second, and I haven't bothered much with the sceptre of fire.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Jose Luis

Post by Jose Luis »

Hi turin!

First thanks for your great campaign. I enjoyed very much.

Second, I'd like to use your scripts for making a new RPG like campaign. Concretely, I'd like to have a general map and several adventures to be played in different order. So, have I your permision?

The idea is to make the general map and a main line of adventures, as your campaign, then to ask everybody to apport their maps an short adventures to the campaign. I also want to change the recruitment system, making all units unique by letting recruitment only once each unit. What do you think?

See you!
(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

Post by (S)elfish weirdo »

IMO, The sceptre of fire is defentivily the best of your campaigns: It has a nice story and dialouge, is fairly strategic and thought I think some maps could use some more time on it, no map goes to extremes in this aspect.
Eastern Invasion is the worst, it hardly seems to give much room for strategy and the plot is just cheap and boring, the worst factor is probably the extremly short amounts of time you give.
Saving Elensfar is decent, but I find it suffers badly due to the time limits - sometimes you're forced to abandon all time of day related strategy, as I wasn't exactly swimming in cash when playing this either, I see no reason for this.
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Jose Luis: Sure, go ahead. That's what GPLed stuff is for.
(S)elfish weirdo wrote:IMO, The sceptre of fire is defentivily the best of your campaigns: It has a nice story and dialouge, is fairly strategic and thought I think some maps could use some more time on it, no map goes to extremes in this aspect.
Eastern Invasion is the worst, it hardly seems to give much room for strategy and the plot is just cheap and boring, the worst factor is probably the extremly short amounts of time you give.
Saving Elensfar is decent, but I find it suffers badly due to the time limits - sometimes you're forced to abandon all time of day related strategy, as I wasn't exactly swimming in cash when playing this either, I see no reason for this.
I would agree with most of your criticisms. I have plans to eventually rebalance both EI and SE (giving longer time limits, for example), but I haven't found the time.

As for the plot of EI; yeah, well... that's what I get for writing a campaign with a decent idea behind it but not enough effort put into dialogue. ;) IMHO, I actually have a fairly interesting idea for EI, but it doesn't come through at all...
The World of Orbivm
mihalych

Post by mihalych »

There is a typo in the "Back to the Ship" scenario:
Unit type Naga Myrimidon, it should be Naga Myrmidon.
It prevents the scenario from loading.
I am playing v. 0.9.2
PS 2 all campaign developers: excellent campaign, thanks for your work
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Thanks for the report. It will be fixed in the next version.
The World of Orbivm
luciano

I have started the campaign translation to Italian

Post by luciano »

This is just to let you know that the translation for the Italian language has started for your campaign. I'm more than half through it, and the preliminary work has already been committed to wescamp.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Saving Elensefar 1.0rc1 on 1.1 server.

If there aren't any bugs reported by saturday, I'll release 1.0. ;)

Since I use only 1.1.1+svn, it is too much work for me to make a 1.0 compatible version. Oh well.
The World of Orbivm
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

1.1.1 bug: The Invisible Unit bug, which seems to affect an awful lot of units in campaigns upgraded to 1.1.1, affects enemy ships. This isn't really a big issue in gameplay - since the turn-based setup makes it such that if you can see a ship, it's going to catch you next turn - nonetheless, annoying.
dthurston

Post by dthurston »

The invisible unit bug can be fixed by changing "galleon.png" to "transport/galleon.png" in the appropriate place.

If an enemy ship chases you and happens to land on a harbour, you get sento to the appropriate scenario. This is surely a bug.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

dthurston wrote:The invisible unit bug can be fixed by changing "galleon.png" to "transport/galleon.png" in the appropriate place.
Aye. I've fixed it in my personal copy - will be fixed in 1.0, I assure you.

dthurston wrote:If an enemy ship chases you and happens to land on a harbour, you get sento to the appropriate scenario. This is surely a bug.
I've never had this happen. :? It can probably be fixed with an [avoid] or somesuch...
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

1.0 released.

Enjoy.
The World of Orbivm