crashing after each scenario

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Mustelid

crashing after each scenario

Post by Mustelid »

I've caved in and started playing around with WML, and have sketchily implemented three scenarios of a campaign; I'm still very new to the markup, but it seems straightforward enough. There's one issue which completely confuses me, however.

When playing through the campaign, Wesnoth crashes at the end of each scenario, after the save prompt. Each individual scenario runs fine; I can play through my campaign by re-opening BfW and loading the saved games, but this isn't really a solution. Any idea what might be causing this? I'm running 1.1.1.
toms

Post by toms »

I think you should post an exampleish scenario(where the bug appears) in?

Then we all could gaze on it to find it out. :wink:
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

toms wrote:I think you should post an exampleish scenario(where the bug appears) in?

Then we all could gaze on it to find it out. :wink:
Well, the individual scenarios run fine - it's the transitions between them that are misbehaving. Here's the campaign so far - four scenarios, one dialogue-only. The 3-4 transition seems to work, but the other three crash BfW.

(I haven't posted in Campaign Development yet largely because of this issue).
Attachments
Inherit1.zip
(16.3 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
scott

Post by scott »

There should be some error output to provide clues as to why this is happening. What does it say?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

scott wrote:There should be some error output to provide clues as to why this is happening. What does it say?
It doesn't just throw up an error output and then return you to the main menu; that I could deal with. It crashes the BfW application - no error message, nothing, just the OS X 'The application has unexpectedly quit' prompt.
scott

Post by scott »

Mustelid wrote:
scott wrote:There should be some error output to provide clues as to why this is happening. What does it say?
It doesn't just throw up an error output and then return you to the main menu; that I could deal with. It crashes the BfW application - no error message, nothing, just the OS X 'The application has unexpectedly quit' prompt.
Have you checked the Console program for error messages? The BFW output gets sent to the Console. Usually this tells you what's going on when it crashes.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

I think you should post an exampleish scenario(where the bug appears) in?
If you copy the 'Mystery Campaign' campaign into 1.1.1, this error also occurs.

Put the campaign folder into

Code: Select all

userdata\data\campaigns\Mystery_Campaign
And move the old unit cfgs files and image files into their corresponding folders.

For example

D:\OldWesnoth\data\units
Is where I installed 1.0.2
Move all the units there, do not overwrite though, you're just trying to fill in the missing ones such as Elvish_Lord.
And put them into

D:\Wesnoth\data\units
Which would the directory where I installed 1.1.1.

Play the campaign, after every successful scenario right after it asks you to save, the program will crash.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."