Trait idea: Healthy (very weak regeneration)

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Why do Dwarves need a race-specific trait? They're already nearly unbeatable as it is...
JW

Post by JW »

I think if the trait healed 1hp per turn it would be fine to give to all races. Healing 2hp per turn would be better than Resiliant as after 3 turns it would be just as good at a 2hp/turn rate (after hurt). All turns after that would be a bonus. This only applies to most level 1 units though, as some get more or less than 6hp with Resiliant, and it applies to even fewer level 2+ units. Such things should be taken into consideration I think.

At a rate of 1hp per turn, stackable with all other healing (making the new cap 11 at 8+2+1), it is a very minor bonus, and perhaps too weak as it doesn't affect battle too greatly, as most of the other Traits do. Considering this it may be better to go with 2.

Perhaps if it granted an unstackable 2hp regeneration that did not remove poison? Therefore the unit would not heal more quickly while resting, but the effect would still be measurable and would still be effective in battles as the unit would get the hp even after being in battles the previous turn.

Just more thoughts...
Deathblower

Post by Deathblower »

I would have said 1 HP available to all.

It seems fair, and I've come to not just prefer this idea to most other traits out there, but to actually like it!

I don't like traits with two word names though. They just sound a bit too descriptive.

I've thought of a good name: 'sprightly'

Definition: 'full of spirit and vitality' (wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn)

Anyone else think that this word suits it perfectly? I do . . .

DB
Just a short dude with a lot of time . . .
Lim-Dul

Post by Lim-Dul »

Great idea - two thumbs up. Such units would be perfect scouting units as they wouldn't have to rely too much on healers once their small fights were over.

And yes, I think that all factions could get it (why should only Dwarves be healthy? 0_o) and the usual healing cap should remain (that is 8hp + resting). In my opinion the 1 or 2hp options should be playtested towards usefulness and balancing - I tend to agree with 2hps, but that could be too powerful - especially on already regenerating units - and imagine how tough dwarves could get. 3hp is too much - rember that 3hp healing per turn equals an effective damage reduction of 3 during longer fights. Ah yes - poison shouldn't be affected by the skill in any other way than a 6hp loss per turn instead of the usual 8.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
--
Project StD - Save the Drakes - we want more branches! =)
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

You people may be interested to know that the idea was considered good enough for a Dev to open this thread.

Nice work. :)
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

So you just repeat a fairly accepted idea in so many threads over a lenght of time and...

yay?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:So you just repeat a fairly accepted idea in so many threads over a lenght of time and...
...and you get banned for spamming. :twisted:

But you need not fear Cuyo, your overactive humor and refusal to get irritated would probably allow you to get away with it. :)

But the rest of you...
WTL

Post by WTL »

Well, I do kind of like First Aid, and you can give first aid to yourself in some conditions (you can't really give yourself first aid for shock or coma's though)

What about Vigorous, Survivalist (or Survival), Energetic, or maybe... I've got nothin'.

Vigorous could indicate a characters over abundance of energy and ability to mend quickly.

Survivalist on the other hand could be the same as First Aid, indicating that you know how to take moderate care of yourself.

Energetic could... well honestly i never like to give less than three suggestions, energetic isn't all that great.

I wouldn't be too concerned about +2 overpowering Resilient in 3 turns. Because a Vigiorous unit could only heal up to 32 again, where as a resilient unit could heal all the way back up to 38. Vigorous would just make you less dependant on healers and proximity to the base, since a long range unit with vigorous could flee much better than with resilient or strong.
JW

Post by JW »

WTL wrote:I wouldn't be too concerned about +2 overpowering Resilient in 3 turns. Because a Vigiorous unit could only heal up to 32 again, where as a resilient unit could heal all the way back up to 38.
What about Vigorous + Resiliant?
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

JW wrote:What about Vigorous + Resiliant?
If you get a Res + Vigorous unit...you bounce up and down in your chair with glee.
Deathblower

Post by Deathblower »

Do people have a problem with Sprightly?

I'm starting to think people just skipped over my post . . . :)

DB
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Well, I've never heard of the word before this thread. I think that's a pretty big problem.
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

Deathblower wrote:Do people have a problem with Sprightly?
The usage of 'sprightly' gives it bad connotations. These days it's almost only used in contexts where you'd expect the reverse to be true: "I may be ninety years old but I'm still sprightly", that sort of thing.
Deathblower

Post by Deathblower »

Not where I live, I'll have to assume it's typically British then :D

DB
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

Deathblower wrote:Not where I live, I'll have to assume it's typically British then :D
Well, I'm a Brit too, so that can't be it...