New attack buttons

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Thrawn wrote:Shouldn't non committed ones be in other thread, or did that change with forum restructuring?
As I understand it, the other thread is for Works-In-Progress, then when people think a work is up to snuff, it's posted here.

I posted the orc-sword in the other thread on 13 February and have received zero comment to date. I personally figured it was probably ready, so I submitted it here.

I'm not quite sure what you mean re: fuzziness. Hopefully this edit has fixed the problem and it's okay to submit now. If not, please let me know in the WIP thread and I'll continue work on it there.
Image (border removed as per Jetryl's preference).
Leonhard
Art Contributor

Post by Leonhard »

Hi irrevenant! I like your sword, but took the freedom to have a go at it, enhancing outlines and so... Two versions, since I can't figure out which one I prefer.
Attachments
orcsword_2 (modified human_sword_188)_step1.png
orcsword_2 (modified human_sword_188)_step1.png (3.51 KiB) Viewed 5284 times
orcsword_2 (modified human_sword_188)_step2.png
orcsword_2 (modified human_sword_188)_step2.png (3.66 KiB) Viewed 5285 times
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Leonhard wrote:Hi irrevenant! I like your sword, but took the freedom to have a go at it, enhancing outlines and so... Two versions, since I can't figure out which one I prefer.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Leonhard wrote:Hi irrevenant! I like your sword, but took the freedom to have a go at it, enhancing outlines and so... Two versions, since I can't figure out which one I prefer.
I would have to say I like irrevenant's version best.
However, out of Leonhard's edits I prefere the first one.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Leonhard's first one has a nice, clear look to it.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Since more work is clearly required, I've taken this WIP back here.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Thing is, irrevenant's sword doesn't seem to fit the Grunt. But i guess that is okay, we have the archers, which i can see using a crude, machete-looking sword like that one.

For Grunts, however, seems like something more close to a scimitar would be the way to go, it looks like they praise swordmanship, and while a shining sword may not be neccesary, something less rusty/damaged, although grizzly/crude, would be a better option IMO.

If a curve sword can be shown in the icon, and if the crude smithing style can be kept, i would be very interested in seeing the result.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
pekka
Art Contributor

Post by pekka »

Here is a new version of plague staff. Human skull -> goat-like skull.

Trivial note: the symbol in the forehead has a real shamanistic meaning in one specific culture..

I also tried to add more ethereal feeling to the bane blade, but it wasn't very succesful attempt. The image's layer structure is not too flexible for pushing the picture to that direction. Maybe I'll try again later..
Attachments
plaguestaff3.png
plaguestaff3.png (8.2 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
pekka
Art Contributor

Post by pekka »

I didn't have Internet while drawing = no reference pictures. Do you want the picture with all layers, I've got enough of it for now?

I'm busy with the castle projects now..
Leonhard
Art Contributor

Post by Leonhard »

Hello there!

Having (more or less) successfully passed their first crash test in the open forum, I post here the two following icons for the remaining tweaking they require. Any comments?

Image Image
Last edited by Leonhard on March 7th, 2006, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pekka
Art Contributor

Post by pekka »

Here is the plague staff with layers, so the shape of the skull is more easily edited. It is in photoshop format.
Attachments
pstaff_simplified_layer_structure.zip
(36.59 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

Since there's no reason the player should specificly expect an actual goat skull, i don't see that it matters. It's just a stylized caving of a evil horned skull, which may or may not bring "goat" to the players mind.

Leohard:
the gleaming tip of the scorpion's tail is probably overdone. If there was a drop of poison dripping from the tip you might expect a smaller star-burst, otherwise that one particular part doesn't fit with the realism of the new icons IMHO.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Leonhard
Art Contributor

Post by Leonhard »

As Irrevenant and you asked for, I tried to add a drop of poison, but I am not satisfied with it. What do you think? There is the .xcf file somewhere in the scrathpad thread if you want to have a go at it.
Attachments
sting_2.png
sting_2.png (4.29 KiB) Viewed 4548 times
pekka
Art Contributor

Post by pekka »

I modified my old fist icon. Now it is a zombie fist without pointy nails. This is meant for the ordinary zombie units.
Attachments
zombiefist.png
zombiefist.png (6.26 KiB) Viewed 4363 times