Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

could somebody with 1.1.1 check weather the ranges bug still exists?

I would do it myself, but I cannot get 1.1.1 right now (stuck in school)
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

Yep - still there.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I have got 1.1.1 and I am trying to fix the bugs in IoA, but with the movement of the princess, orcish soverign, etc unit files they no longer work. This would be easy to fix on my computer, but on other peoples computer their main Wesnoth files will have the units in different positions, is there a way of ensuring that they look in the right place? Or do I have to include those units in the campaign folders?

ps Mustelid. i just used IoA on 1.1.1, and the problem seems to have gone away, but only using Reth (haven't tested the others because my savefiles don't work for the above reason, so I have only done the first mission to test this)
scott

Post by scott »

You can make copies of the units or you can add more [+units] and [binary_path] tags to point to the correct locations. I recommend you make copies, even though I would be interested to hear if you get the second way to work.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I was hoping that you could do the same thing done to reach the campaigns folder:

Code: Select all

{@campaigns/Mycampaign/images}
but, if I have to include them then I will.
scott

Post by scott »

Ranger M wrote:I was hoping that you could do the same thing done to reach the campaigns folder:

Code: Select all

{@campaigns/Mycampaign/images}
but, if I have to include them then I will.
It might work if you use the correct path relative to /data (which is /campaigns/Heir_To_The_Throne/units).
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

Ranger M wrote:ps Mustelid. i just used IoA on 1.1.1, and the problem seems to have gone away, but only using Reth (haven't tested the others because my savefiles don't work for the above reason, so I have only done the first mission to test this)
Okay... redownloaded everything, and the ranged bug seems to be gone. However, there are now some invisible units - notably Wolf, and all the recruitable units except the Henchman.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Mustelid wrote:Okay... redownloaded everything, and the ranged bug seems to be gone.
Yay :D
Mustelid wrote:However, there are now some invisible units - notably Wolf, and all the recruitable units except the Henchman.
Damn :evil:

I'll try to fix this today (and probably release another version because some of the scenarios don't work, but I have fixed that already (movement of the princess, etc)
Mustelid

Post by Mustelid »

Ranger M wrote:
Mustelid wrote:However, there are now some invisible units - notably Wolf, and all the recruitable units except the Henchman.
Damn :evil:

I'll try to fix this today (and probably release another version because some of the scenarios don't work, but I have fixed that already (movement of the princess, etc)
This seems to be a general issue with old campaigns in 1.1.1, for what it's worth - I got the same issue in Freedom five minutes later, albeit for different units.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

probably to do with a renaming of the unit images in the main folder, I have all of the bandit units in the campaign because it was the easiest way of getting the L3 Bandits in there, so they will need updating.
devadip

Post by devadip »

Hi
Redownloaded everything, and when I try to load my saved game (saving Trashan), I get this message :
load_game_failed: Unit not found: "Orcish sovereign" !
Imac G5 1.9 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.4.10 (The Tiger)
PB G4 1.5 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.3.9 (Panther)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

that is a known bug for 1.1.1.

To fix it just move all of the orcish soverign graphics and unit files into the relevent folders in the IoA File (so unit files into units, and images into images.)

I would release a fix for the bug, but by the time I had figured out that it was a problem and fixed it, I was back at school :evil: .

Just do the same if you get any similar errors on other levels (eg, princess unit needs adding for "the enemy of my enemy")

the reason for this is that these units have been taken out of the main directory, and moved into campaign specific directories in the main Wesnoth file. This means that any campaigns with these units in no longer look in the rigth place to find them, so they don't find them and come up with an error.

ps, if anybody finds any more then can they tell me, as although I think that I have covered all that are needed (orcish soverign, orcish ruler, the other orc leader in that line, princess and demilich) I am not sure.
devadip

Post by devadip »

Sorry, but I don't understand where I can find the files and where I have to move them...
Imac G5 1.9 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.4.10 (The Tiger)
PB G4 1.5 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.3.9 (Panther)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

the position of each of these depends on your OS, but.

from the main wesnoth file (the one with source code) go to:

data/campaigns

this is the directory with all of the main campaigns information, you'll see a list of files labeled with each campaigns name.

Son_Of_The_Black_Eye/units

this is an example of where the Orcish_Ruler.cfg file is, copy this. (the same would be done for images, to find them look in the image files)

then you need to find the other Wesnoth file (again the location of this is OS specific), and in there go to:

data/campaigns/Invasion_of_Arendia/units

and paste the Orcish ruler file here (same for images, but put them in images)

once you have all the relvent files and images for the unit that it is complaining about then the level should work (unless it finds another one which isn't there, at which point you need all of the images and the file to do with that one.
appleide

Post by appleide »

umm, you are going to put those images in your IoA folder, right? So I (and everyone else) could just click a couple of buttons later on, instead of going through folders.
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.