New Factions

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bball_24

New Factions

Post by Bball_24 »

How about orukai?
Here's a civilisation map

Orukai archer - Orukai crossbowman
- Orukai assasin - Orukai slayer

Orukai Fighter - Orukai Berserker - Orukai Death Weilder
- Orukai Leader - Orukai War Chief
- Orukai Warrior - Orukai Hero

Orukai Runner - Orukai Scout - Orukai Battle Scout(runs)
- Orukai Flanker - Orukai Charger(runs)

Orukai Rider(rides lion) - Orukai Captain - Orukai Death Lord
- Orukai Battle Lion
- Orukai Chariot

Orukai Mother(healer) - Orukai Advisor - Orukai Oracle
- Orukai Dancer - Orukai Enchantress

Stats

Orukai Archer
level= 1
cost= 16
XP= 36
Move= 5

dagger 5-2 (blade)
bow 5-3 (pierce)

Orukai Crossbowman
level= 2
cost=
XP=48
Move= 6

dagger 5-3 (blade)
crossbow 12-2 (pierce)
fire arrows 6-3 (fire) poison(a burn)

The orukai come from a barren desert far to the south of Wesnoth. They left the desert because of a cruel war that lasted a century and left them with not enough people to survive in that harsh environment. Theyare basically different from orcs the way humans are from chimps. Have a very evolved soceity unlike orcs who kill first ask questions later.

Their name Orukai comes from Oru (ore-eww) the one who lead them from the desert and northwards) and Kai (means descended from Oru)(I can change the race's name if people have LOTR problems.)[/b]
Last edited by Bball_24 on February 4th, 2006, 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keelta MacRonan
Location: At Helm's Deep,assisting in the final defence of the Hornburg

Post by Keelta MacRonan »

Uh, this is m=kind of odd... Maybe some background?
My name is Ozymandias, King of kings,
Look on my works, Ye Mighty, And despair!
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
romnajin wrote:She's a hippy nature girl that lives with animals, she's not supposed to be sexy, you can save that for the high elves.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

Keelta MacRonan wrote:Uh, this is m=kind of odd... Maybe some background?
In other words, your post tells us nearly nothing about your faction except the name and that one unit rides a lion.
You need to give information before you can expect feedback.

Oh, and that you plan to have 5 types of L1 units. That part is good.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
JW

Post by JW »

I think he means why not LoTR orcs. In that case there are already orcs and LoTR is trademarked/copyrighted, whatever.
player

Post by player »

Mayb some pictures???
-jew
Bball_24

Post by Bball_24 »

I can't figure out how to download the art software can someone explain it so I can draw some of my own guys?
Thanks
appleide

Post by appleide »

Just use microsoft paint, or graphics converter, anything. Start with a 72 pixels x 72pixels square, and draw away. If you can't make the background transparent, I can help you, if it looks good also.

Anywho, when you've finished something, post it up, and people will tell you what they think about it.
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
toms

Post by toms »

http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Create_Art

In this wiki section you will find some art turtorials (if you need them)-I advice to read at least the basic "creating_unit_art" turtorial. You will also find links to download god art programs.
But you will probably have Photoshop or GIMP already installed, or at least MS paint or other software.

One point for you ( :P ) : You have already realized that you have to do the art for a faction too. There are people who only want to create (overpowered) unit stats and think that they can do only the fun stuff.
You will probably have to learn the WML too - prepare for a very easy language :wink:
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Bball_24

Post by Bball_24 »

This is my first try at edit an image I call it a blue dragon tell me what you think of it and be honest. as long as you explain what you think should be changed i don't care if they are critical. I call this a blue dragon and will be one of the problems my characters face in the campaign i'm working on. Remember this is my first try! :oops:
Attachments
blue-dragon.png
blue-dragon.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

It looks like a blue dragon! I don't like it, but then I don't like the original Fire Dragon either. What's an orukai?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Bball_24

Post by Bball_24 »

Elvish Pillager wrote:It looks like a blue dragon! I don't like it, but then I don't like the original Fire Dragon either. What's an orukai?
An Orukai is basically a new orc faction except taller and better looking (not the way I draw but it is in my head.) See the bottom of the first post. thanks for the feedback.
cataphractos

Post by cataphractos »

Bball_24 wrote:Orukai Mother(healer) - Orukai Advisor - Orukai Oracle
- Orukai Dancer - Orukai Enchantress
:shock: mother? enchantress?? is this meaning that in this faction will be some orcish women?! Some Orkesses ( :roll: )?? Actually, nobody spoke about the female gender of Orcs, not even Prof.T.. Maybe everybody is frightened by imaging an Orkess :P . But that would make you totally free to invent them.
Slow and steady wins the race.
...but he could regret it...
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

My main guess would be in the vein of any female version of any humanoid, and most likely with a role/personality akin to the Mongols, as i wouldn't be surprised that in some cases they would also fight in battle or defense, although, to support the fantasy scheme, maybe they would take care of the settlements, maybe even have the supporting jobs of ancient armies, such as healers, priestesses, or even blacksmiths.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Bball_24

Post by Bball_24 »

I just made my secondunit picture. A centaur archer for a centaur race/faction. What do you guys think of it?
Attachments
centaur.png
centaur.png (4.46 KiB) Viewed 5042 times
toms

Post by toms »

For me, it looks too much like two half images (I don´t say that the horse is not by you, maybe it is) glued together. I would prefer a smoother contrast.
And it would look better for me if you don´t use a cut elvish archer directly for this image.
Better you tweak the elf archer more. :wink: :roll:
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!