FOG clan

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Assasin wrote:*pow* and another hit to the eye! *ba-boom* and Oh! What a right hook to the temple! EP is being hit left and right, all his defenses are being torn down. It doesn't look good for him....
*pow* and four days went by! *ba-boom* and Oh! What a posting date! Assasin is delaying left and right, and his joking is going sour. It doesn't look good for him....
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

uh, yeah, right. Your joke is worse then mine, and the fact that you MIMICKED ME shows that you're all outa ideas.

and I can't help it if I worked two 20 hr. days in a row.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Elvish_Pillager

Assasin wrote:...shows that you're all outa ideas.
I am never out of ideas.

Saurian Grappler --- 19 gold
Level 1
Chaotic
Skirmisher
26 HP
5 moves
7-2 grapple
impact, melee
slow
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

lame, so lame. you are so lame. :roll:

Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Troll, so troll, you are so troll.

I never thought you two would come down to a e-phallus standoff.

You need to make the idea better EP. It would be weird for a saurian to Grapple a Troll or Drake, or does he have some sort of weapon i'm unaware of?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Chris Byler

Post by Chris Byler »

Well, it would be suicidal to grapple a troll, but I don't see how it would be weird.

As for drakes, clearly they must land when they're not moving or you couldn't attack them with any melee weapon. Once you've grappled them they're not flying very far anyway.

Grappling a wose, now *that*'s weird. But no weirder than throwing a net on it, I guess.

HP and damage both seem low for an expensive unit, but I guess that's to balance the power of skirmish and slow.
Elvish_Pillager

Grapple, as I meant it, means to wrestle with.

Since it seems to have caused confusion, the actual attack is now called "wrestle".
Cuyo Quiz wrote:You need to make the idea better EP. It would be weird for a saurian to Grapple a Troll or Drake, or does he have some sort of weapon i'm unaware of?.
A Saurian Grappler could (in theory) get up on the back of a Troll and try to choke it. Human-sized things you can throw to the ground, and with bigger things, you can move to where they'd have trouble hitting you.
Chris Byler wrote:HP and damage both seem low for an expensive unit, but I guess that's to balance the power of skirmish and slow.
Well, the Saurian Skirmisher costs 15. The Grappler has more HP, although it moves slower and has a weaker attack and no ranged attack. In addition to having more HP, its ability make it take half damage in melee often.

Hmm... 19 gold does seem a little pricey. 17 gold, then, and we can see how balanced it turns out.

Upgrades:

Saurian Grappler->Wrestler->Champion
Level 1->2->3
Chaotic
Skirmisher
26->42->54 HP
5->6->7 moves
7-2 -> 9-3 -> 10-4 wrestle
impact, melee
slow
->15-1 -> 18-2 clawed finisher
->blade, melee
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

yeah, and he is, like, very weak to everything cause he has no armor on. But then again he is very quick and knows how to grapple, so he can disarm his opponents. BUT THEN AGAIN, it would only take one or two hits to kill him, so his high defense would account for nothing.

And if you're thinking of Wrestling wrestling, then he would get his butt kicked. But if he was doing REAL Judo, and not the lame sport they do now, then he would be more realistic.

Elvish_Pillager

Assasin wrote:BUT THEN AGAIN, it would only take one or two hits to kill him, so his high defense would account for nothing.
He's still got 26 HP, more than a normal saurian. It'll take three hits even from an Orcish Warrior.
Assasin wrote:And if you're thinking of Wrestling wrestling, then he would get his butt kicked. But if he was doing REAL Judo, and not the lame sport they do now, then he would be more realistic.
:D I can agree with this...
Liminiality2

Post by Liminiality2 »

This has gotten VERY far off topic...
NO FOG is certain - Elvish Pillager
Campaign: Revenge of the Elves http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11477
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Seeing how the tread started and then derailed, i think that what we have achieved in the last posts is more notable, noble and productive.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Keelta MacRonan
Location: At Helm's Deep,assisting in the final defence of the Hornburg

Post by Keelta MacRonan »

Cuyo Quiz is the most awesome person on the forums because no matter what the situation, he can always find a way to glorify spam.
Anyway, EP, why don't we show them our clan spirit by having a game. It'll be epic. The Clash of the NO FOGGERS.
My name is Ozymandias, King of kings,
Look on my works, Ye Mighty, And despair!
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
romnajin wrote:She's a hippy nature girl that lives with animals, she's not supposed to be sexy, you can save that for the high elves.
Liminiality2

Post by Liminiality2 »

I agree with keelta about both things however i serionsly doubt Elvish Pillager will put this together... he is notorious for... well not planning things

P.S. no offense EP
Campaign: Revenge of the Elves http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11477
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Keelta MacRonan wrote:Cuyo Quiz is the most awesome person on the forums because no matter what the situation, he can always find a way to glorify spam.
Anyway, EP, why don't we show them our clan spirit by having a game. It'll be epic. The Clash of the NO FOGGERS.

yeah, that would work well, I could just see how it would happen.

the foggers have sworn to only play fog, and the no foggers have sworn to refuse fog.

Yep, that would work out just perfect. Unless they compromised and used shroud.....

Liminiality2

Post by Liminiality2 »

i don't think that the foggers ever swore not to play without fog... in fact at the first post the k man says that they are ALLOWED to play no fogged games...
:P