Generic Campaign

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Keelta MacRonan
Location: At Helm's Deep,assisting in the final defence of the Hornburg

Generic Campaign

Post by Keelta MacRonan »

At the end of the first scenario, it says Error: Unknown Scenario "Something".
Also, I did what it said at the beginning of the scenario on my Mac OS X, but when I open the .cfg file it says " You have dragged a file onto Battle for Wesnoth. Do you want to install it as a user campaign? If you choose to install it, it wil be copied into the data folder and a backup made in the data folder." I have installed it and checked in both places listed, but nothing has changed! Help!
My name is Ozymandias, King of kings,
Look on my works, Ye Mighty, And despair!
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
romnajin wrote:She's a hippy nature girl that lives with animals, she's not supposed to be sexy, you can save that for the high elves.
Keelta MacRonan
Location: At Helm's Deep,assisting in the final defence of the Hornburg

Post by Keelta MacRonan »

Thanks a million, scott. That saved me a big, big, big headache.
My name is Ozymandias, King of kings,
Look on my works, Ye Mighty, And despair!
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
romnajin wrote:She's a hippy nature girl that lives with animals, she's not supposed to be sexy, you can save that for the high elves.
scott

Post by scott »

The message about installing the .cfg file is old. Back a long time ago, this was a nifty way to install campaigns. But, we have the campaign server now. However, the application still tells OS X that it opens all cfg files.

Right click or control-click on a .cfg file, select Get Info, and make sure it opens in TextEdit (or whatever text editor you like). Make all files of that type open in TextEdit.

Next, the bug you ask about is normal. There's no 2nd scenario for the generic campaign. But, the next_scenario key in the config file says "next_scenario=Something."
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.