Evacuation

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bulsu

Evacuation

Post by Bulsu »

I'm really stuck on Evacuation (witch is in the Easter Invasion). When it's like round 6 and I'm halfway to the bridge some of my heroes gets killed :(.

My leader is level 3, Owaec (the mounted warrior) is level 2 and Dacyn (the white mage) needs only 1xp for advance to Mage of Light.

I also have:
Arch Mage who needs only 20xp for advance to Great Mage
Iron Mauler who has a holy amulet
A white mage with 0xp

I have tried to recuit spearmen and use them to protect my heroes, Arch Mage and Iron Mauler, but as i said, it never works. I have also tried to go east at start and defeat trolls but i only got killed by those level 3 trolls :?.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Are those the only advanced units you have? That is probably not nearly enough. You might have to go back a few scenarios and get more...

Other than that - expect to lose a few units, even if you have a lot of level 3 units. It's ok - you won't need a whole lot in the rest of the campaign (but try to keep at least 5 alive).
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Bulsu

Post by Bulsu »

Hmm.. Maybe i should start this campaign again... I think that I just learned to train units as succesfully. The Easter Invasion is a really hard campaign :|

I'll try to remember post here if anything happens with this.

And this doesn't mean that you shouldn't give more tips :wink:.
Vilan

Post by Vilan »

Actually I got through that scenario with no advanced units at all, I'd lost them all on the previous level while they were trying to escape. This is on medium difficulty.

Basically I ignored the guys in the northeast corner, sent a few spearmen southeastish to distract the guys there, and sent a few fast guys ahead to distract the western group. The rest of my guys were walking shields for my bosses. I think I got very lucky though... the computer had some really bad luck fighting one of my spearmen which let him survive at least one full turn longer than he had any right to. About 10 guys were chasing him while he held on. :shock:
Bulsu

Post by Bulsu »

Heh, nice.

Now i have replayed back to this scenario. This is what i have:

Dacyn is Mage of Light (he has a holy amulet) and my leader is General but Owaec is still a mounded fisghter.

Advanced units:
- Arch Mage with a holy amulet
- Iron Mauler
- Royal Guard with a holy amulet
- Dragoon
- Ogre
- White Mage

Going to try it with these -->

EDIT: I made it!! After dozens of save/load I finaly get my heroes to the other side of the bridge! Thought the only advanced units that i have atm is my Dragoon :(. *sigh* It seems that i have to start all over again.

EDIT2: Whehee! My Orge is alive too! Weird, he was standing on the bridge as is exploded it. Maybe he swam to the shore as he was on the most souther part of the bridge :wink:

EDIT3:I replayed this scenario again and this time i get saved the Royal Guard and the Arch Mage.

EDIT4:I just finnished the nex scemario too. Now i have a Geart Mage \o/

EDIT5:I DID IT! I compeled the Easter Invasion. That cheater cheated in the last scenario but my Great mage with holy amulet was somethning powerfull with him anyway :P
Last edited by Bulsu on January 7th, 2006, 3:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tmoiy

Post by Tmoiy »

Why did you give the holy amulet to Dacyn, out of all people?
Bulsu

Post by Bulsu »

Now he has a holy melee attack too. And holy amulets really help when training units becouse they can easially kill high level undeads with them. That's how i have trained my Royal Guard.
Tmoiy

Post by Tmoiy »

I usually give one to Gweddry, since his attacks are so ineffective against undead. Giving Dacyn one seems a waste, since he's so easy to level with only his lightbeam anyway.
Killing edge

Post by Killing edge »

Is it random who you save if the bridge explodes? I got everyone across and I could only recall my dragoon after I blew the bridge up :o . Also, in the conversation at the start of the next scenario, sometimes the main guy (can't remember his name) speaks to himself and only says one line before the boss speaks, no-one apart from him appears as a player on the first turn or while they are speaking, and he adresses the main white mage dude, who isn't there :shock: . (verison 1.1)
Mario Kart DS:
94 wins
61 losses
morpholog

Is Evacuation Broken on 1.1?

Post by morpholog »

I get all my heros and five other guys across and blow up the bridge, but only the one guy on the road south at the edge of the map shows up as recallable in the next scenario.

You need to make it clearer how to save guys, because I have reloaded this a bunch of times and I can only ever get one guy to the next scenario.

Also, for some strange reason Gweddy loses a level. He was level 3 but ends up level 2 in the next one.

Is this one buggy in 1.1?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I suspect so. I'll try to fix it, but until then, try it in 1.0...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
morpholog

Will try it on 1.0

Post by morpholog »

All right, I will. Thanks for making such a challenging scenario.
claus

Post by claus »

I believe it is a bug with the 1.1 [store_unit]. The kill=yes kills all units matching the filter (the [kill] does not kill any of the heros, but they are dead), but only one is really stored (commented the [clear_variable] out and looked into the save file).
The level two gweddry is the default leader in the next scenario.
Timdra5

evacuation

Post by Timdra5 »

you can defeat all the enemy leaders then you dont lose anyone
im am the shadow wolf
Tmoiy

Re: evacuation

Post by Tmoiy »

Timdra5 wrote:you can defeat all the enemy leaders then you dont lose anyone
Easier said than done, especially in version 1.x.