Campaign: Saving Elensefar

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ave

another typo causing bug

Post by Ave »

[textdomain]
name="wesnoth-Saving_Elensefar"
path="data/campaigns/Saving_Elensefar/translations"
[/textdomain]
Ave

Post by Ave »

Another bug: there is also a 'decription' in this campaign
Saving_Elensefar.cfg: decription=Madru
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Both fixed. :)

I've released a new version, 0.8.6, with those fixed, but I"m not sure it uploaded to the server correctly: I got a "connection timed out" error.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

VERSION 0.9 RELEASED.

This new version has some cool new stuff, specifically an overall time limit for the campaign (30 weeks), and also some balancing stuff. I'm still not sure about the possibility of the final level, but it should definitely be possible to get there. Hopefully, I can make the time limit such that you can't visit all the islands and still make it in time. Any balancing suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I wanted this campaign to be completed 6 months ago, but stuff kept coming up... I think it is almost complete, though, and I'll probably put out 1.0 in a few weeks.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
claus

Post by claus »

First a small bug in the scenario Saving Elensefar: speaker=unit_second should be replaced with speaker=second_unit (in the die events for the enemy leaders).
Second it is a bit strange that i get 300 gold because a Swordman of Mathein (the enemy General) kills Pakch-Glun (the Orcish Warlord).
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

claus wrote:First a small bug in the scenario Saving Elensefar: speaker=unit_second should be replaced with speaker=second_unit (in the die events for the enemy leaders).
Fixed, will be in next release.

claus wrote:Second it is a bit strange that i get 300 gold because a Swordman of Mathein (the enemy General) kills Pakch-Glun (the Orcish Warlord).
:P I forgot the enemies can kill each other... I'll stick a [filter_second]side=1[/filter_second] in there.
The World of Orbivm
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Some bugs:

1. On the level where you can recruit mermen, you can recruit both mermen and mermen fighters. I'm thinking mermen are obselete - since they advance to triton, which is also obseleted.

2. Black the Red doesn't have AMLA enabled.

Overall, nice campaign, but the last level is too easy. Also, I thought that the 30 weeks included time travelling back to Elensefar and thus hurried to the western isle.

*spoiler*
It's also strange, because I don't recall what help I got from the western isle. Yeah, I got that one lich but I don't think I got anything else, except the ability to recruit peasants. Were you supposed to be able to recruit skeletons?
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Uh, yeah. You're also supposed to get five or six free, advanced undead units. Don't you? :?
The World of Orbivm
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

nope - didn't see them in my recall list, and they certainly didn't appear during the scenario. As it was, the final scenario is quite easy.
-Voltaire
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Played through this one today, very enjoyable.

Got an error in the end after the epilogue:

"error general: Unknown scenario: 'sea_voyage_fake4'"
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Strange. IIRC, the campaign ends there. I must have forgot to remove the next_scenario= attribute.

[edit]
I'm currently uploading a new version that fixes the problems listed here and make the last scenario harder.
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

0.9.1 Released

I fixed all of the bugs people reported, unless I misread or didn't read some of them. I also made it more clear that you have 30 weeks to get there, not 30 weeks to go there and back.

Frame has volunteered to draw some actual ships to take the place of the terrain combinations I currently use for the ship-battles, so we'll see what comes of that. It might take him a while, of course.
The World of Orbivm
Protoss_Honor

Post by Protoss_Honor »

turin wrote:0.9.1 Released

I fixed all of the bugs people reported, unless I misread or didn't read some of them. I also made it more clear that you have 30 weeks to get there, not 30 weeks to go there and back.

Frame has volunteered to draw some actual ships to take the place of the terrain combinations I currently use for the ship-battles, so we'll see what comes of that. It might take him a while, of course.
Alright! I was wondering wh you didn't have them looking like ship wood and stuff.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Just one minor point - though it says that you have 30 weeks to get to the western isle and 5 weeks to get back in the intro text, the text in the High Seas when each turn ends still says you have x weeks to get back to Elensefar. So it can still be misleading.
-Voltaire
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

I've been playing .9.0 and something odd happened in "Traitor"
The opposing faction only recruited 1 scout unit in the first 3 turns. I had units in his castle before the enemy got around to recruiting a few more units. And he was dead within more turns.

Also since (apparently) i would have gotten to keep any elves left alive after i killed the leader it would have been nice for Meneldur to say something like, "These people are my bretheren being led astray by a twisted leader. Perhaps once we kill him, they will give up the fight against us."

I've been enjoying the campaign so far.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity