Elven mage.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lugo Moll

Elven mage.

Post by Lugo Moll »

What do you think about replacing the mage in the rebels faction with an elven mage?

They could have less hitpoints than a mage but wield a rapier (blade 3-3) instead of a staff. Their magic attack could be an ice based attack with an 11-2 attack or something.

The stats could be changed, but what do you think of the idea?
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies."
-Roger the shrubber
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Why should we introduce a new unit when the current one works fine? Also, why should we decrease factional diversity? Having multiple races on a faction is always good. We don't want to gett rid of the only human on the Rebels.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Lugo Moll

Post by Lugo Moll »

But why does the human mages help the rebels? I thought that unit was used only because they needed a magic user...
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies."
-Roger the shrubber
mpolo

Post by mpolo »

Because the mages are wise enough to realize that the queen is evil, so they refused to serve her. Then she sent the orcs to take over the Isle of Anduin, as chronicled in Heir to the Throne.
Academicus

Post by Academicus »

I agree, and elves already have their "mages", althought there is no male of them.

And this would remove the elves's capacity to use fire.
(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

Post by (S)elfish weirdo »

Also, this would make Drakes almost always lose to the treehugging freaks, unlike the other way around, as it is now (hopefully the implentation of missile resistance should solve this in a fair way where both factions can win), thought the elfs would have problem with the living dead (woses can easily be taken out by a shaman and a couple of fighters if you lack a mage)
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
Lugo Moll

Post by Lugo Moll »

Well, I just noticed there is a more agressive upgrade of the shaman in existance. Thus, a mage may be unneccerasy...
-Roger the shrubber