Undead's are unplayable agains dwarfs!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zilo

Undead's are unplayable agains dwarfs!

Post by Zilo »

that is my opinion, if you can convince me about the opposite, do it..

maybe undeads are balanced to other races, but they have no chance against dwarfs ...

:lol:
unsung

Post by unsung »

This is simply not true.
Ghosts and dark adepts rip dwarvs apart when used correctly, just stop make sure you aren't skeleton swarming and you are using a balanced force.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Zilo

Post by Zilo »

i tried to use ghouls , but they died easily also, two fighers can destroy it very quick even in village
unsung

Post by unsung »

Thats why your losing. meele units lose agianst dwarves.
use ghosts and adepts.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Undeads are hard to play... but they have more resources than you can think at 1st glance
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

I think playing undeads agnist dwarves is (very) hard, adepts die fast too(ulfs or fighters), thugs are very strong agnist undeads.
Zilo

Post by Zilo »

adepts: they have too low hp and they can hit 2x10 to figher with 35 hp! and figher to them 8x3 in day or night ...

ghosts: they have 50% on each terrain and fighters have 5x2 against them .. so 2 fighers can destroy ghost....

i can win with undead against newbees, but with player that is same as me, i have no chance.... [/i]
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

unsung wrote:Thats why your losing. meele units lose agianst dwarves.
use ghosts and adepts.
I wish it weren't the case, but you're mostly wrong here, unsung. Ulfs will destroy ghosts 4 out of the 6 game turns, and even during night you need only wound a ghost to bring it in range of an ulf killing. You must also know that a properly screened ulf will cut the effectiveness of an adept to near zero, that dwarves resist the cold damage of adepts and ghosts, and that the dwarven fighter makes skeletons practically unusable. If, however, there is still some doubt in your mind that knalgan has a large advantage in this match, take a trip to the server, try the match against the first person you find, and post it here for us to see. :P

I'm not saying that it's an impossible match, but I've come to understand it as being very very difficult for the Undead, assuming two players of equal skill. Perhaps if the ghoul HP was higher, or the dwarven impact damage was generally less, things would be a bit different.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Zilo

Post by Zilo »

I think that if dwarfs would have lower resistance to cold it would solve the problem( maybe 0). However, dwarf are used to cold from their core:( so here is the problem between gameplay and the characteristics or the race...
telly

Post by telly »

Yeah dwarf fighters counter basically everything that the undead can recruit, even at night. Undead can win by like grinding out an economic advantage and weakening the knalgan units using poison and corpses but it only works on certain maps.
Zilo

Post by Zilo »

Here is one save of the MP game

I dont say that i played good , but i dont think it was so bad either :)
Attachments
Dwarfvsundead.zip
(6.04 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Eldarion
Translator

Post by Eldarion »

Perhaps it would be better to introduce another resistance type to wesnoth. I think it would be better to have the anticlimaxes fire - cold and holy - dark/black. So just say that undead magic is no cold magic but instead black magic. Then you could adjust it properly.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Zilo wrote:Here is one save of the MP game

I dont say that i played good , but i dont think it was so bad either :)
Your opponent was absolutely wrong in saying that you needed to use more adepts....That would have been just great against his ulfzerkers. :P

I thought your playing was pretty solid; a valiant effort. Might have been close if he wasn't 130 over EV.....
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

The other problem with Undead vs. Knalgans is small maps.

Maybe we should get rid of the Dwarf's hammer? I mean, what good does it do except for overpowering it against Undead?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Zilo

Post by Zilo »

good points, i think that figher is really too strong for 14g ....