New attack buttons - scratchpad

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

The sword is bent at the hilt!

(Why do people draw swords bent at the hilt ALL THE TIME? :()
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

It's very simple, EP.

Instead of drawing a guideline through the middle of the entire sword for reference, they draw the hilt or the blade first, see? Then they add on the other part after finishing the guard.

Anyways, I was asking Toms what was wrong because he seems to have an issue with the grip besides the fact that it's crooked.
Disto

Post by Disto »

Simple to fix, at least partly.
Attachments
paladinsword_edited-again.png
paladinsword_edited-again.png (7.1 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

for some reason it looks blurry, so clearer outlines would, IMO, make it look nicer. It looks really good though, and I could be imagining the blurriness.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Better. However, the blade is off-center currently; it is too far to the right/up. (that or move the hilt in the other direction, same thing.)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Jgrr

Post by Jgrr »

I'm trying the faerie fire again... maybe the "icy wind from the ethereal plane" would look remotely like this (no need to bash the picture, it's just to give you some ideas, I just don't know how to draw wind correctly)
Attachments
Icy wind from ethereal plane...
Icy wind from ethereal plane...
faerie_fire_wind.png (5.38 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Jgrr wrote:Image
There already is a new faerie fire icon. But something like this could be an icon for an "ice storm" attack, if one existed. Probably for an UMC too, since this doesn't look like something Jetryl likes.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

zookeeper wrote:
Jgrr wrote:Image
There already is a new faerie fire icon. But something like this could be an icon for an "ice storm" attack, if one existed. Probably for an UMC too, since this doesn't look like something Jetryl likes.
Pekka already made an excellent ice-blast attack.

Also, "icy wind from the ethereal plane" is getting removed from the description, post 1.2. I've gotten better at writing, you know.

That was literally one of my first... actually, *the* first commits I made to wesnoth; adding those units. I had made other contributions, earlier, but that was the first one I committed myself.

The graphics also need some serious rehauls, fortunately, that's precisely what I have in the works. Unfortunately that's not going to happen, pre-1.2.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Elvish Pillager wrote:The sword is bent at the hilt!

(Why do people draw swords bent at the hilt ALL THE TIME? :()
What Kestenvarn said. Thanks kestenvarn. :)
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Image in general terms, having the ankh signet is rather juvenile.

Just as much as a crusader's sword having a cross on it would be ... redundant? Hint. Hint.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Why is everyone switching avatars?.

Am i missing something?.

Should i try to be like the cool kids for once, instead of going between apathy and dementia as it is common?.

And to remain On-Topic. Does the sword has a chance, as long as it looks as a good enough replacement for the normal one?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

So now everyone = JW and Jetryl?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ascendant

Post by ascendant »

turin wrote:So now everyone = JW and Jetryl?
You forgot me, I'm gonna change my avatar, so that finally all poeple have changed their avatar then. :twisted: And it's not very hard to replace a 5-minute GIMP product. :P
[/spam]
Morever, I advise that Catharge should be destoyed.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Why is everyone switching avatars?.

Am i missing something?.

Should i try to be like the cool kids for once, instead of going between apathy and dementia as it is common?.
As for me, this moustache compelled me beyond my means. I was helpless against its assault.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:And to remain On-Topic. Does the sword has a chance, as long as it looks as a good enough replacement for the normal one?.
Yeah. I'm gonna do a quick edit.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I changed my avatar too. :D But let's not discuss them more here.