New animations

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
JW

Post by JW »

It looks like his soul is escaping through his skull?

That's what I see anyway.
ascendant

Post by ascendant »

JW wrote:It looks like his soul is escaping through his skull?

That's what I see anyway.
Not his soul, his energy. :wink: It may look a little strange, because the falling frames are still missing.
Morever, I advise that Catharge should be destoyed.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

From what I've seen it looks pretty good
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

I revised my old naga myrmydion or however the h*ll you spell that attack animation. People said he should attack with one blade at a time; they also mentioned motion of the tail. Well, the first one was a pretty easy fix, but the second one...I think it still needs a bit of work. I can't figure out how to do it realistically (maybe I should watch videos of snakes?) but it's a start.
Whaddaya think?
Attachments
myrmidon-attack-b.gif
myrmidon-attack-b.gif (5.55 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

It looks a bit wierd, I can't really tell how. Maybe, in the style of snakes, the myrmidon should coil up and stab with his swords?
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Dragon Master wrote:It looks a bit wierd, I can't really tell how. Maybe, in the style of snakes, the myrmidon should coil up and stab with his swords?
He does BLADE damage. :roll:
What looks weird, anyways?
hey.
scott

Post by scott »

Since he doesn't have legs, he looks like he should be off-balance when he attacks.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

Its very aliased
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Well, the animation isn't very smooth. He slashes with his right hand sword, and when it's halfway down his left hand swords jumps to the same position. His tail also looks like a piece of paper being folded over when it moves. Sorry, I forgot about the blade damage part. But still, it would look neat if he coils up and lunges.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

So would it be better with the attack-with-both-swords-at-the-same-time version I posted ~2 pages ago?
ascendant

Post by ascendant »

Request: I need help with the death animation of the lich. I can't get the costume right when he falls down. I need some good advice here, please.
And, should I make him falls on the knees first, like the Level 3 Soceror, or crumble like a skeleton?
Morever, I advise that Catharge should be destoyed.
jg

Post by jg »

I think he should crumble together like a skeleton (he is practically a skeleton, isn't he?).

jg
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

jg wrote:I think he should crumble together like a skeleton (he is practically a skeleton, isn't he?).

jg
No, he is a skeleton (not practically a skeleton), but that doesn't mean that he has to die exactly like any other skeleton, it should be more dramatic.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Zookeeper:

I've attached replacement frames for the SE drake fire breath attack. These are just edits of yours, with some additional effects: a slight bit of darker material at the edge, for contrast (although it's rather trasparent), and some light bloom in the center.

The light bloom was made by overlaying a single dab of the classic "airbrush," 40ish pixel width, in it's own layer above the rest. Said layer was set to "screen".

Fill me in on what you think of them. If you like it, I, or possibly you, can apply the effect onto the rest of the images.
Attachments
DrakeFireBreath.zip
(28.37 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
EELuminatus
Art Contributor

Post by EELuminatus »

No postings here for quite some time, eh...?!

I hope your to-do list for death animations is still up to date, though, and this animation is useful for you... as you might notice, I've just registered and I'm not used to this kind of doing graphics, yet. - Still, I wanted to give it a try (always dare to try a new challenge.)

Considering Wesnoth's graphical standards I've seen so far, it might not be good enough, yet... so please tell me what to improve and I'll try to do better! :P
Attachments
End of an orcish grunt.
End of an orcish grunt.
grunt-death04.gif (10.12 KiB) Viewed 2869 times
Last edited by EELuminatus on December 27th, 2006, 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.