New poacher art?

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Jetrel

Re: New poacher art?

Post by Jetrel »

No worries - we're not going to make much progress on these in our own time anyways. :P
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
Sylar

Post by Sylar »

Fortunetly, I've found a couple of minutes between work and sleep a few days ago, and started to play with the second level, trapper. I've mixed parts of Jetrel's trapper with my first lvl and in the result, gain something like this:
Next time when I will open gimp, I will try to give him a new bow, holding like loyalist archer do, I mean straight. Also thinking about change in legs, but don't know yet what it should be exactly (he have already new boots but I'm afraid it is not enough).
PS: on the top is another option for feet set, but I haven't done the upper parts of legs correctly so I just leaved it for the better time :)
So, is it a right direction of that unit's look?
Sylar

Post by Sylar »

First of all, sorry for double-post. I wasn't sure if You will see a new content if I'll just edit my old post.
I've found some more time to work with trapper and I've made two versions: with and without a dagger. Hope for answers.
Attachments
tapper without a sword1.png
tapper without a sword1.png (2.19 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
tapper with sword1.png
tapper with sword1.png (2.38 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
Alternatic

Post by Alternatic »

There is something wrong with his legs. The way it is, it looks like his right(left from our perspective) leg is longer than the other one. I suggest either moving both legs more to the right or lengthening his left leg and therefore bringing the foot more to the front. Other than that the sprite is great and I would love to see it replace the current one as soon as possible, keep up the good work ;)

PS.: If it was up to me I would vote for the dagger.
Last edited by Alternatic on July 27th, 2014, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All mistakes included in the message above are intentional.
You can buy a version without mistakes for 5$ each.
Chief_Chasso

Post by Chief_Chasso »

IMHO, I must say I like your initial sprite iterations better. :whistle: I would have like to see those expanded upon. This new sprite design seems too busy visually. His tunic has a layered look with too many colors. That's just my two cents. I do like the dagger though.
SP Campaign: Rally For Roanic