Needs Lots of Work
33%
Horrible
11%

Total votes: 9

homunculus

Re: SpriteSheets Aishiko 2014 GSOC feedback Editted 23 Mar 1

Post by homunculus »

That thread seems a bit weird in my personal opinion, I don't see it starting with a list of established sprite sheet standards (or a list of links to them, or a link to an overview) along with soft that supports them.

It gives the impression that the intention is to create a specialized format for Wesnoth that is incompatible with everything else in the world.

If this impression is wrong (I hope it is), then what are the requirements that a sprite sheet must meet to be usable with existing graphics editing soft?
campaign ruthless in your nearest 1.11 add-on server
some wesnoth-related drawings
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: SpriteSheets Aishiko 2014 GSOC feedback Editted 23 Mar 1

Post by zookeeper »

homunculus wrote:That thread seems a bit weird in my personal opinion, I don't see it starting with a list of established sprite sheet standards (or a list of links to them, or a link to an overview) along with soft that supports them.

It gives the impression that the intention is to create a specialized format for Wesnoth that is incompatible with everything else in the world.

If this impression is wrong (I hope it is), then what are the requirements that a sprite sheet must meet to be usable with existing graphics editing soft?
They're still going to be just plain regular .png images and, as before, you can use whatever app you want for working with them.