REQUEST - single "inbetween" defend frame for Orci

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Jetrel

REQUEST - single "inbetween" defend frame for Orci

Post by Jetrel »

The orcish warlord currently has a single defend frame, and a single standing image. The current defend image is a nice pose for defense, but is too dramatic of a motion for a single frame. I would like someone to come up with another defend frame that is at a halfways point between the current standing frame, and the current defense frame.

Remember:
- You'll need to rotate the blades. Don't rotate with "cubic/bicubic" or "linear/bilinear" interpolation. It'll make everything blurry. Make sure you set your program to rotate using "none/nearest-neighbor". You can find these settings in the preferences/program options of either the gimp or photoshop.

- Every body part that's different between the standing frame and the defense frames needs to move. You can't just move the arms, you'll have to move the whole body. Likewise, each body part has to take its own independent path between its position in the standing frame, and its position in the defend frame.

- Don't forget to change the shadow to a "halfways" point.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Buwahahaha!
Attachments
warlord-defend-1.png
warlord-defend-1.png (2.31 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
ow ow ow frickin ow elvish ow ow archers
ow ow ow frickin ow elvish ow ow archers
warlord-defend.gif (3.34 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
jdsampayo

Post by jdsampayo »

nice!

The only thing than for me is a little strange, is the left sword, it looks too thick (if it is supposed to be in an angle in which only shows the edge), but whatever, I think that is a minor issue.

good work. :)
In quechquixcauh maniz cemanahuatl, ayc pollihuiz yn itenyo, yn itauhca in Mexico-Tenochtitlan
As long as the world exists, no one will forget the glory and honor of Mexico-Tenochtitlan - Culhuacan memorial
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Well, I tried it razor-thin, but it looked silly. So I decided it would be slightly tilted, so as to show up better.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Its an orc sword anyways, they probably make them nice and hefty
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Megane: that's pretty much perfect. Thanks for doing it right on the first try. :D

;) Keep an eye out if I post any other simple requests like this - they're a great way to do some major help to the core game, but with minimal effort on your part.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Committed. In game, done. Woot.

Thread closed, thanks megane.