Post by Mortles »

Old one-Best one.
Nobody's perfect. Only present perfect is perfect."

--A gramatical discusion in a Wesnoth game
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Am I the only one who likes the new one more :(

I never really liked the old one, it looks weird to me, especially compared to the other portraits.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Ranger M wrote:Am I the only one who likes the new one more :(

I never really liked the old one, it looks weird to me, especially compared to the other portraits.
I definitely like the new one more on technical grounds, but it looks more like a young delf then the delf from HttT. I think the picture in the story is more along the lines of what I think of as the Delf that Konrad runs around with.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

The old Delf looks too much like a misplaced Santa Claus. Jetryl's is an improvement in many areas, but I find the total lack of color in his cheeks a bit disturbing (as it removes his vividness).

The style of young Delf's clothes is non-standard, but that does not bother me one bit-- nor the inconsistencies with the sprite. (The sprite could probably use updating eventually, since it's worse than any of the portraits, but I assume that is a low priority or just no one has gotten around to it yet).

However, young Delf's haircut is another turn off; while the dissheveled look works fine on his beard and on top, it looks too-spikey-outy at the neckline.

Having said all that, it's a heck of a lot better than I could have done. :)
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."