Female Pesant and Ruffian

Make art for user-made content.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Post Reply
User avatar
VladVhelm
Posts: 15
Joined: July 20th, 2018, 1:45 am

Female Pesant and Ruffian

Post by VladVhelm » July 20th, 2018, 2:54 am

Hi, I have some old works I made so I want to share them, they just a couple of animation for the level 0 units.
A female peasant and a female ruffian. I good making females :D
Anyway, here they are, feel free to use them.
Just let me know what do you think.
peasant+female.png
peasant+female.png (2.67 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
ruffian+female.png
ruffian+female.png (3 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
Attachments
female peasant-ruffian.rar
(66.95 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

BTIsaac
Posts: 261
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 7:30 am

Re: Female Pesant and Ruffian

Post by BTIsaac » July 20th, 2018, 5:22 am

Well the peasant looks okay, although giving her a head kerchief would make her more peasant-ish.
With the long skirt and what appear to be rolled back sleeves, the ruffian looks more like a lunch-lady with a stirring spoon, and as funny as that idea is, i don't think it's what you were going for.
I'd also recommend less TC, but that's just me.

User avatar
shadowm
Site Administrator
Posts: 6485
Joined: November 14th, 2006, 5:54 pm
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: Female Pesant and Ruffian

Post by shadowm » July 20th, 2018, 6:24 am

I believe the convention is to reserve larger amounts of TC for higher-level units, but don’t quote me on that.

They look good to me, although I’m not sure why they both seem to have grey hair.

All that said, since you didn’t specify whether your intention is to get these added to the main game (and it seems unlikely to happen without a lot more extra work since the Peasant only advances to male-only units and one of the Ruffian’s advancements is also male-only), I’ve moved this to Art Workshop along with your other two art topics.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Elsewhere: shadowmBlogFollow me on Twitter

User avatar
zookeeper
WML Wizard
Posts: 9739
Joined: September 11th, 2004, 10:40 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Female Pesant and Ruffian

Post by zookeeper » July 20th, 2018, 6:59 am

Gender variations are supposed to visually still look like the same unit at a glance (biggest mainline exception: Arch Mage). Same size, pose, and so on. Granted, it might make sense for the clothing of a female peasant to be different from the male peasant, but less so in the ruffian's case.

User avatar
VladVhelm
Posts: 15
Joined: July 20th, 2018, 1:45 am

Re: Female Pesant and Ruffian

Post by VladVhelm » July 21st, 2018, 4:59 am

BTIsaac wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 5:22 am
Well the peasant looks okay, although giving her a head kerchief would make her more peasant-ish.
With the long skirt and what appear to be rolled back sleeves, the ruffian looks more like a lunch-lady with a stirring spoon, and as funny as that idea is, i don't think it's what you were going for.
I'd also recommend less TC, but that's just me.
Thanks, for some of my first jobs, they are pretty nice. I am glad you like it,
Last edited by VladVhelm on July 21st, 2018, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
VladVhelm
Posts: 15
Joined: July 20th, 2018, 1:45 am

Re: Female Pesant and Ruffian

Post by VladVhelm » July 21st, 2018, 5:35 am

shadowm wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 6:24 am
I believe the convention is to reserve larger amounts of TC for higher-level units, but don’t quote me on that.

They look good to me, although I’m not sure why they both seem to have grey hair.

All that said, since you didn’t specify whether your intention is to get these added to the main game (and it seems unlikely to happen without a lot more extra work since the Peasant only advances to male-only units and one of the Ruffian’s advancements is also male-only), I’ve moved this to Art Workshop along with your other two art topics.
In fact I added because I create a link to peasant -> Infantryman/girl-> Fencer, etc... So the ideas was be able to get fencer from infantryman units (That guy that looks like a sergeant, but only have a sword)
infantryman.png
infantryman.png (2.58 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
And the peasant have the chance to became one, in the same way the became spear men, So i create A female infantryman,
infantryman+female.png
infantryman+female.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
To be able to get fencer from peasants in fact I use the Class change idea, They keep like level 1 Units that change from Infantryman to fencers.

Here is the Unit tree I made.
Unit Tree Loyalist.png

enclave
Posts: 836
Joined: December 15th, 2007, 8:52 am

Re: Female Pesant and Ruffian

Post by enclave » July 21st, 2018, 12:41 pm

That giant heavy infantry looks so coool!!! also celestials! :) thats maybe better than anything i seen at wesnoth so far.. i dont see anyone can match these beautiful sprites.
and fencers are really really nice, the only problem i see that while females looking really really great, they looks a bit like from disney land alladin cartoon, and a bit too different from the original ones.. but thats only my opinion.. regarding the professionalism of art, for me it's all looking flawless. Also female fencer lvl4 looks smaller than lvl3, that's not typical for wesnoth.

User avatar
VladVhelm
Posts: 15
Joined: July 20th, 2018, 1:45 am

Re: Female Pesant and Ruffian

Post by VladVhelm » July 21st, 2018, 11:20 pm

enclave wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 12:41 pm
That giant heavy infantry looks so coool!!! also celestials! :) thats maybe better than anything i seen at wesnoth so far.. i dont see anyone can match these beautiful sprites.
and fencers are really really nice, the only problem i see that while females looking really really great, they looks a bit like from disney land alladin cartoon, and a bit too different from the original ones.. but thats only my opinion.. regarding the professionalism of art, for me it's all looking flawless. Also female fencer lvl4 looks smaller than lvl3, that's not typical for wesnoth.
Thanks , but the Giant Infantry and the male Celestial I took them from the Ageless Era, I think they are from Era of Magic or Four Moons, The Female Celestial I made it mixing some other sprites, but later I found the original one :D , but I like the one I made.

The level 4 Female Fencer is of the same size, but looks smaller because she have no hat (and no pants either), she is practically in a small bikini with a large sword.The style is more like anime, I need fix the color a little, because she looks like she have some Princess Jasmine pants, but in fact she is wearing only a bikini.

Thanks for your opinion, I used to improve my future art.
I glad you like the female they took a lot time to made them.

Post Reply